Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ki18
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Hi all, issues with my ADSL speeds.

Hi all,

Been a BT customer for under two months now and everything was going great. I had moved from Virgin where my speeds were 6Mbps+ and it was the same in the first week or so when my Broadband went live with BT. 

I'd woke up one morning to find my broadband was off. Couple of hours later it had come back on but now my speeds are approx 3Mbps. I called BT on 0800 111 4567 and the Indian agent I spoke to ran some tests and got it up to 6.7Mbps, which I confirmed with him when I tested on http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com at the end of the call.

10 minutes after the call ended and I was back to square one, my speeds were again approx 3Mbps and I didn't have the desire to call back.

I've called up today and the advisor I spoke with advised me there is nothing wrong and that my speeds are what is expected of my line. He had no answers for me when I asked why my speeds were constantly 6Mbps+ before I had the initial drop but after the drop my speeds are constantly 3Mbps and never reach anywhere near the speeds I was having early on.

Can anyone confirm if anything can be done? It confuses me how the first advisor managed to up my speeds but the second one can't and tells me the speeds are as good as I can get. The advisor today also seemed reluctant to deviate from his scripts.

Can anyone confirm and shed any light on this? I have to honestly say I'm quite disappointed at the moment.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hi all, issues with my ADSL speeds.

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hi all, issues with my ADSL speeds.

Are you connected to test socket?  Can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then rin diagnostic test and post results 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings