Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
scotman2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Hidden setup menu on bt home phone 2.1

Go to solution

Hi  I've already posted this over a month ago and still had nothing i was trying to get a number on the phone and managed to get into a hidden menu something to do with a "test page", i then pressed a button and it went away. Could you tell me how i got it up so i don't do it again by accident. Now the kids are saying that they did it and we haven't a clue how...  can some one please help us!!! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hidden setup menu on bt home phone 2.1

Go to solution

Hi Scotman2010,

I am not really sure what you mean by test page. It sounds like to me that you have gone through the menu and selected settings in error. There is not much we can do to stop you from doing this again.

Going to this test page has it stop you from or caused you any errors while using your Broadband Talk service?

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
scotman2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It had something about screen test, sound test, and signal test of some sort. I know it wasn't the settings menu as i know how to get to it. its just I'm a little worried that the kids are going to get into it again when we're not around and mess the whole thing up. it Hasn't done anything to it "yet" Has some one finally found some thing that bt don't know about? 

0 Ratings
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

A lot of electronic equipment has test and diagnostic modes built in and they are primarily designed for those carrying out installation and maintenance of the equipment. It is common for these modes to be entered by a particular sequence of key presses which would not normally be used in normal operation. These sequences are not normally published and are kept secret although quite often they get into the public domain. It looks as though you found by accident such a sequence. I have not seen anywhere any publication of such test modes for the Hub phone. They should not cause any problems except perhaps to reset the phone which you can do via the normal menus anyway.

Peter
scotman2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

OK cool  that's great thanks...

0 Ratings