Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrVW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

High Ping

Good Morning All,

Ive been experiencing very high ping times when playing my games recently (approx 2 weeks that i can gather),  i will start my game which in this case ive experienced this on two of them, Shootmania and Counterstrike GO (PC Games).

I can connect to the servers fine, but after a random amount of time sometimes instantly sometimes after 5/10 minutes or so pings will rise up to 800/1500 and stay there, ive not managed to stay on a server long enough to find out if they return to normal.

ive not managed to do any trace routes yet but i will attempt this tonight, just seems wierd, nothing has changed on my network/computer so my only guess is that this is something external / BT related.

Kind Regards,

Steven

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: High Ping

hi are you connecting to the home hub to the Pc/Games system by wireless or wired connection
0 Ratings
MrVW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Sorry, yes this is a wired connection, a speedtest at speedtest.net gives me a ping of around 50ms which is normal for me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

hi when you do your next ping test can you do it from command prompt on you PC to remove any outside influences
0 Ratings