Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bilalsheikh
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

High Upstream SNR - BT IP Profile

Go to solution

Hi

Moved to BT from Sky, On Sky I had 5mb/1mb connection on ADSL2+ while BT decided to profile my connection to 5mb/448kbps ADSL(GDMT).

I called up BT the day I got activated(last week) and they said this is the most appropriate profile for the connection and we cannot change it. I asked for either an SNR reset or allow ADSL2+ but they refused. Now when any phone is uploading a picture on facebook no one can use the internet as the upstream is a bottleneck. 

BT I would really appreciate if you can please listen when other providers either on LLU or your wholesale platform are able to offer ADSL2+ why are you not allowing it on my line. I live far from exchange but I have had the service just before i switched to you. Right now my connection is useless. I dont want to cancel the service and go back to Sky or some other provider as your support staff just dont want to listen. Here is the log from HH4

DSL Link Up: Down Rate=5088Kbps, Up Rate=448Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.3dB, Up=23.0dB

My problem is just eh upstream and the SNR is too hight limiting the speed. There are no errors on the line that my draytek has reported and has been able to maintain stable connection without dropouts.

I await your help

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: High Upstream SNR - BT IP Profile

Go to solution

The exchange may only have ADSL equipement for BT. The SKYs LLU kit was ADSL2+, you probably have as fast a service as you can get through BT.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

you cannot get any faster up speed on adslmax than 448kbps

just because SKY had their own equipment in the exchange and provided an LLU service does not mean BT can provide adsl2

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  if adls2 available then wwe can see if mods will help you 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bilalsheikh
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi 

Many thanks for the reply. I had double checked before posting. ADSL2+ is available on BT's equipment. Here are the results from the link you posted

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)17.110.71.20.8--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)134.71.20.5--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 4--3 to 5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 4--3 to 5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

from the checket results you also can get broadband with fibre giving faster speed - but more cost

the mods will try and get you upgraded to adsl2  they will post a contact us link - if you have problems with the link when posted just keep trying as there were problems yesterday 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bilalsheikh
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Many thanks for that now i am jolly too as there is light at the end of the tunnel.
There is no link yet? I am looking in my profile right? I will keep looking.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi bilalsheikh,

I'm afraid the link is not working at the moment, I've PM'd you instructions on how you can send your details in to us.

Thanks

Neil

bilalsheikh
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Hi Neil,

Many thanks I have sent the details
0 Ratings
bilalsheikh
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

A happy chap now. Forum team resolved the issue and regraded me to ADSL2+ now my uplink is 1mb so very happy indeed. 

David in particular was the person who dealt with my connection. Thanks a lot mate. I give you all 5 stars. You understood and resolved the issue. I suggest BT lays off some of their telephone support team and hires more individuals on the forum team. You guys are a great bunch

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

thanks for update

good result

0 Ratings