cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 41 of 47

Re: High interlevered depth

Have called BT via 150 and after few minutes waiting time, as soon as I got connected, I was cut off.

Decided to go back to a good old web chat of BT Contact Us page and from there, I was being transferred at least 4 times. 

Just to keep the story short: One of them has said that they cannot guarantee latency but broadband speed.  Eventually, they do not see anything wrong with my line and at the end, they refused to grant my line fastpath. 

I've spent some time waiting & talking to each of them at at time and I have come to the realisation today that I was just chasing the wind with BT.

If the fastpath is enabled and if the connection is unstable, I can put my hand up and said it's all my fault but I was still unable to get them to grant my connection fastpath. After all, I was told that fastpath is simply a switch 'off/on'.

I don't know why I have to go to this length just to get the fastpath enabled and I think I'm entirely to do with what I'm paying and if it 'failed' then it's my fault but certainly, I will not be using/renewing this service when it comes to January.

Thanks for all your troubles. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 47

you need to find the cause of the very large number of line errors before you can move to latency fast hence the sugegstion you need engineer visit   moving from your high interleaved setting to fast will just increase your number of errors and make your line far less stable and just waste manual intervention time for something that is going to make your connerction worse.

insist on engineer visit then get line stable then move to fast and see if your line is ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 47

I cannot understand why you call 150 which is a general sales and enquiry line when there are dedicated phone and broadband help lines

Phone faults 151

broadband help 08001114567

there is no point in moving to fastpath with the high errors you have as the line will revert back to interleaved within a very short time when the DLM re enables interleaving again to try and stabilise the connection

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 44 of 47

@john46 wrote:
I cannot understand why you call 150 which is a general sales and enquiry line when there are dedicated phone and broadband help lines

Phone faults 151

broadband help 08001114567

D'oh! I don't know why I called 150 thinking it covers both sales and faults, I must be so tired yesterday.

Just called 08001114567 earlier today and they've arranged an engineer visit tomorrow afternoon.  See how it goes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 47

That's really quick hope that solves the problem

look forward to update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 46 of 47

@imjolly wrote:

That's really quick hope that solves the problem

look forward to update

Yeah, I guess there was a slot just happen to be free! 

BT engineer came yesterday and after spending about an hour diagnosing the line and then came back to me saying that the line was perfectly fine.

So I suspect it could be my router with latest broadcom chipset (6318) that could report much more errors than the older broadcom chipsets (I remember reading some people posted about their Billion routers reporting very high error rate with newer broadcom chipset last year and they were told that it's normal.)

The last year I request for fastpath for original line when I was using BT Home Hub 4.

Anyway, I was asked if I wanted fastpath enabled although I was warned that it may not be stable so I gave him go ahead, saying it was fine on my original line last year.  Here it is, the fastpath is finally here!

Strangely, the engineer told me to report the broadband fault next time, not telephone fault, by dialling 150 (Just like I did last Sunday! Smiley Very Happy ).  Told him I called broadband helpline 08001114567 and that's how I got him here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 47 of 47

Well, it came back to interleaved only after a few days.  So you were all correct in saying that my line has too many errors.

Although it has never been a problem with fastpath on the original line.  As I have mentioned in my last post, the engineer said that the line was all fine so I guess I have no choice then.

0 Ratings