cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

High ping/ jitter during peak periods

Moved to a new area and was having fine latency for the first few days after that it shot up and have been having 20-400ms intermittently inbetween 19:00 to 23:00 hours. i am going to assume this is due to congestion but im no expert.

Hopeing to get some light shed on this.

broadband performance.png

this was during peak time and is fluctuating all the time.

cabnet exchange.png

Image here of exchange also in the hope that some may be being done about it.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: High ping/ jitter during peak periods

Had another drop on the internet today happening when the ping gets really bad im starting to think that it may be phone line related because if i do quiet line test i can hear some static down the line. gonna post a log of my hub cos i get this same error everytime my internet drops.Hoping to get some help on this 

router logs.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi again pretty much an update on my situation i had an engineer out to check my line for noise and said that it checked out fine, the day before he came my internet lost connection alltogether he tested the line for me and said it was a fibre card and port fault but he could not fix it because he was only here under a phone problem. I booked a new engineer for the friday 1-6 and he never arrived was told on phone that it was due to a glitch on their system, they book me another for the monday 8-1 and he finally arrives at 2 he said its the same fault as the last engineer said and went out to fix it on the exchange came back an hour later and said it was sorted. the next day bt rings to see if the net was fine had been so far and bam the call had dropped my net, today ive had 2 more random disconnects also of the same nature ive had before whatever the problem is they cant seem to find it. Is there any hope a mod will notice this to help me im really starting to lose hope.

0 Ratings