cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 41

Re: Hmm, I've just had a call from BT........

Go to solution

Got the same offer myself, by post about 3 weeks ago. I took them up on it and my speed has increased from 6meg to 38meg. No increase in cost was what I was told, hope this isn't true about it costing more after renewal though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 41

Go to solution

@bunny44 wrote:

Got the same offer myself, by post about 3 weeks ago. I took them up on it and my speed has increased from 6meg to 38meg. No increase in cost was what I was told, hope this isn't true about it costing more after renewal though.

Hi bunny44

Well, I'd have to say that any increase would depend on what you are currently paying, excluding the increases in charges on the 5th January. Having said that, any increase or decrease when your contract is due to expire would depend on your negotiation skills.....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 41

FFS BT! I've just had YET another call from BT........

Go to solution

In a nut shell

D**** calls and tells me BT are migrating ALL customers over to Infinity for free and (sigh) he wants to book an engineer. Not are you interested in migrating.

Hmm, where have I heard all that before......

Chat about this and that and I tell him ALL about it, as in the confirmed price increase as I would be on Infinity. I have mentioned that I'll not get Infinity for anywhere like the current £8-9 per month (when you break down the bill).

HE GUARANTEES THAT I'LL GET A MINIMUM OF 38MEG DOWNLOAD SPEED - Oh so it's guaranteed now is it?

HE GOES ON TO SAY THAT I'LL GET AT LEAST 58MEG.

BT, listen to the whole call as you're going the right way to lose me as a customer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 41

Re: FFS BT! I've just had YET another call from BT........

Go to solution

A slight correction to the speed I posted above, it was 55, not 58Smiley Embarassed

But having checked to confirm these new speeds, it transpires that I'm not with BT!Smiley Surprised

My landline number (top) compared to my house number and postcode (bottom)

So whos line is it.JPG

So how the **bleep** did he quote the "guaranteed" 38 and the "at least" 53. I wonder if IL or WB knows? Still unhappy that BT don't inform their customer(s) that they may end up paying more for BT's products and services AFTER the free upgrade.

The really weird estimate is the adsl connection speeds, they've jumped higher than expected:o

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 41

Go to solution
Aye up DS!
Whadya mean your not with BT?
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 41

Go to solution

Hi AQ

Look at the top image, it states I'm not on a BT line:o

(Crystal ball perhaps.....)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 41

Go to solution
Sorry DS. Mobile version only shows graphics if we click them.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 41

Go to solution

Aye;)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 41

Hmm, I've just had a *letter* from BT........

Go to solution

(thought I'd post this on the end of my ongoing thread)

The phone calls have stopped:) and I presume this is an auto generated letter, which came on the 28th, is hopefully OK to talk about?

We are currently upgrading our broadband service in your area to make it faster

I thought this was going to be about my migration to 21cn

You will be upgraded(1) ....

Ah, but I already have

.... to BT Infinity fibre optic broadband(2) for no extra charge, at a time that suits you. There will be no change to your existing contract term or charges - the amount you pay will remain the same

Doh, but I've been told it'll cost more at renewal and I don't want it, as it's cheaper elsewhere, but thanks for the offer

We are moving you to BT Infinity so that you get the best possible broadband experience with faster speeds and the latest fibre optic technology (snipped a bit out)

So as I'm being moved, does that mean that I no longer have a choice?

Now if anyone from BT does read this and wants to provide me with a written guarantee that come renewal, I'll be able to use my negotiating skills and get it for a very small increase to what I'm paying now, then I'll call the 'dedicated' number:)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 41

Re: Hmm, I've just had a *letter* from BT........

Go to solution
DS I would contact the mods and get there opinions on that letter I have not come across any one who has received one like that