cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 31 of 41

Re: Hmm, I've just had a *letter* from BT........

Go to solution

Does anybody know if this is free upgrade offer is open to anybody wishing to upgrade to BT Infinity my mum had this letter and has had the upgrade to Infinity on the terms mentioned above but I wondered whether it was by invitation only as not everyone in FTTC enabled areas seem to be getting the letters.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 41

Go to solution

Hi Cassidyi and welcome

I've not got one of the letters to hand, but it's invitation only - it will state this in the small print on the back.

BT* may eventually send them out to others that are in FTTC enabled areas

*not actually BT, but a third party acting on behalf of BT.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 41

Go to solution

Hi DS

Thank You for your reply I thought it would probably be an invitation only offer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 41

Go to solution

I've received about 4 or 5 of these letters. I also had a guy at the door about a fortnight ago asking me if I'd got the letters, told him that even if I had I wasn't interested. My letter got the initial of my Christian name wrong, and it didn't include my account number, something that I've always noticed present before on BT mailed flyers / letters. I've no interest in changing as my current home set up, just like a previous posters, isn't Infinity friendly. I've no desire to have cables etc trailing all round my house to accomodate Infinity. BACK OFF BT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 41

Go to solution

@robert1997 wrote:

I've received about 4 or 5 of these letters. I also had a guy at the door about a fortnight ago asking me if I'd got the letters, told him that even if I had I wasn't interested. My letter got the initial of my Christian name wrong, and it didn't include my account number, something that I've always noticed present before on BT mailed flyers / letters. I've no interest in changing as my current home set up, just like a previous posters, isn't Infinity friendly. I've no desire to have cables etc trailing all round my house to accomodate Infinity. BACK OFF BT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never had anyone come to my door!

Before you start getting the phone calls, you could always ring the dedicated number on the letter(s) and tell them you're not interested. I've not had any letters or calls for some time;)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 41

Go to solution

My letter said "no extra charges" and "will not affect your monthly fee". Well, surprise surprise, when I entered my promo code online to add an upgrade I've been quoted the FULL package price even though I'm currently receiving a discount for my current package. So much for a competetive upgrade, they ALMOST had another upgrade but its not going to happen now!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 41

Go to solution

Ah, you mean the letter that now has this on the envelope!

Your Broadband service is changing.

You will need an engineer's appointment.

Please see inside for details.

So what you're saying is that when trying to upgrade online, you end up paying more as soon as you upgrade - that's BT for you!

I'd call them on the dedicated number and quote your code to them.

But if you do, you will not be able to get the sort of discount you're getting come renewal time. That's the only reason why I refuse to take this offer😞

I may wait till my contract needs renewing, do this first (with my adsl discount) and then take up this offer and get 12 months Infinity at adsl prices:D

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 41

Re: Hmm, I've just had a call from BT........

Go to solution

@DS wrote:

Morning forum fans

At 10:28 my landline rings with 0800 169 1608 being displayed

A nice lady then offers to migrate our BB service over to Infinity for FREE, paying exactly what I'm paying for our ADSL connection and without extending the length of our contract (May).

Apparently BT want all customers to migrate to Infinity as and when the service becomes available - I have declined this in the past down to the increase in costs.

I asked for a call back to think (and check) on this offer

So my Q is - Too good to be true?

(someone is calling me back within an hour....:|)

Afternoon forum fans

At 13:48 my landline rings with 0800 923 4349 being displayed

A nice guy then offers to migrate our BB service over to Infinity for a small increase, which would make my new payments £43.45 per month. Also I would have to pay a one off charge of £36.95.

He also went on to say that I would be given a new home hub for free.

I told him I already have a new home hub 4

He tells me the one off charge would now drop to £30.00

Why I asked

Because the one off charge includes the postage for the hub and the postage is £6.95

He goes on to tell me that no money would be taken today

Good I said, glad to hear that. I will have a think about this offer

He will call me on Wednesday, but if he'd given me 2 more minutes, I'd of probably given him the answer anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 41

Go to solution

Is one of the words off!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 41

Go to solution

Hmm, could of been;)

0 Ratings