cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celtic1967
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Home Hub 2 Admin passord

Just been on to the help desk because I want to reset the password om my home hub 2. I have put in the password on the back of the hub several times but each time it says its not correct ! It is .

The bloke at the desk just went through the script saying"No, please look on the back of the hub, thats where it is". Did this several times but he didnt deviate from the script, had to go as I was in danger of being rude.

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to get BT to reset the admin default password so that I can proceed ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hub 2 Admin passord

If you are not asked to change the password when you first try and do something that needs it it means that you already have. If you don't know it then do a factory reset and use the one on the back of the hub.

A common issue is getting 0 & O incorrect.

0 Ratings
Celtic1967
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Ok, thanks for that, but have tried it and still get the same. Have I got a faulty hub ? 

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Usually a Hard / Factory reset will remove all settings.

Don't know if this may help.
http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/howto1.html#type1
0 Ratings
Celtic1967
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Just got off phone to BT help desk, much better experience. After remotely looking into the problem a new home hub is being sent out to me.

Thanks to the posters who repliedMan Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Winclouduk
Message 6 of 7

We are having the same problem. We have 2 home hub 2 and when they decided to cut our services by mistake our both the hubs now when you try to change the admin password say it is incorrect.

Your not the only person to get this and for us to have it happen to both hub is stupid. So we now have a cable router plugged into the home hub to get a wireless connection.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@Winclouduk wrote:

We are having the same problem. We have 2 home hub 2 and when they decided to cut our services by mistake our both the hubs now when you try to change the admin password say it is incorrect.

Your not the only person to get this and for us to have it happen to both hub is stupid. So we now have a cable router plugged into the home hub to get a wireless connection.

Hi.

Frankly it does seem weird that both hubs seem to suffer from the same problem, even though it's not actually anything to do with the connection. The password is independent of any internet access.

Also the same problem with the OP who's getting another hub. A factory reset is the clear answer, as long as it actually does a proper factory reset, and then the correct password entered (making sure zero and "O" are different, using correct upper and lower case etc).

It might even be a browser issue - have you tried access via different browsers ? (I've got access to 6 different browsers).

0 Ratings