cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: Home Hub 2 Connection Keeps Dropping

if your extension is wired from the filtered face plate it should not require a filter as the filtering is provided by the face plate providing it has been wired correctly
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Its almost certain its a home hub 2 issue, probably the plug top power unit failing.

You really need to try a different router. If you do not have one, then I am sure a replacement can be arranged here, as all of the primary diagnostics have been completed.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to arrange for a replacement, once they have read this thread. It may save a lot of time with the helpdesk, who will only go through the whole process again Smiley Wink

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Carob
Message 13 of 16

Mine has been the same! I am told that BT are "changing their platforms" at the moment so this could be causing it. (No, I don't really know what that means - just hope it will be better soon).
0 Ratings
Carob
Message 14 of 16

Best to log off and have a cup of tea - it is usually working when you log on again!  All seems a bit slow and "sticky" though at the moment....it would be nice to know there is a technical process going on which is causing it so we know not to mess around with our computers ourselves.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

The changing platforms will not affect your connection so if problems then start new subject and post your router stats

The post you are replying to is almost a year old!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
st-clares
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 16

My last post on this subject was 11/11/12.

Shortly after that date a new HomeHub3 and powere unit was delivered and installed by me.

Since that date my connection has not dropped as far as I can tell.

I assume it was the power unit as there were other posts indicating this as a cause for drop outs around that time.

0 Ratings