Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 11

Home Hub 2 Sub-Headings Missing

Go to solution

My chosen SSID and admin password reverted to default and I found that the hub had recently spontaneously restarted. I suspected a software update but the hub says the last one was back in September. Everything is working normally, but sub-headings in the hub's Advanced Settings are missing, though the placeholders are live. For example, clicking Broadband in Advanced Settings brings up this:

Spoiler
Capture.JPG

If I click the spot where, say, ADSL should be, the info comes up as normal. I've tried further soft and hard resets (hence the short connection time) to no avail.

Not a serious problem but I'd be grateful for any enlightenment.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Home Hub 2 Sub-Headings Missing

Go to solution

It could be on its way out, especially if a factory reset did not fix it.

See

Reported problems with the Home Hub 2.0

Power unit is the most common problem, as it goes into a low voltage, poor regulation state, when the internal capacitor fails.

pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks KB. I'll let it struggle on until a real problem emerges.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I've not had the reset issue but I've seen that screen on the HH2a&b and HH3a&b.

I mainly use FF and hitting F5 does sometimes cure it....

.... or a reboot of the hub or....

.... a ruddy big hammer:D

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Well done DS, just checked and found it's OK in IE and Chrome so must be a Firefox issue. Can't find a way to correct it but it's not a big deal. I'll keep the hammer handy though.

--
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Is FF up to date?

I didn't have this issue with FF19 and so far it's been fine on FF20 (using my HH3a)

(I have tweaked FF via the 'about:config' user settings page - can't recall what I actually changed though!:o)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks again DS. I have been on FF19 for several months but the issue only arose the other day. Just updated to FF20 fully expecting it to do the trick but alas it's still there. Hey ho.

--
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Similar problem solved for me on Chrome.
For me it was the Avast ad-blocker causing the problem.
It must have decided that 'adv' in the image name indicated advert?
Put in the HomeHub as an exception.

http://192.168.1.254/images/adv_nav_top.gif http://192.168.1.254/images/adv_nav_mid.gif
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Well done, sp! It was AdBlock Plus, which can be disabled by site or by page. Strange how it only started recently, as I've used FF with ABP for some time.

--
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Yes, I used AdBlock or AdBlock Plus (varying according to whim) until very recently. Just changed to the avast one to experiment after a very minor irritation with AdBlockPlus (so minor I forget what it was). Odd they all must have made a change at a similar time to catch those images.
0 Ratings