Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Home Hub 2 Type B firmware upgrade

MY HH2 Type B hub has recently had its firmware upgraded to:

Are there any release notes about this?

I would like to know what changes/improvements or otherwise have been made.

Should have added that I asked the same question about the September release and found a link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11585/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzE2NTA0MzY0L3NpZC9GRzZ...

but cannot find a link for the January upgrade. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Hub 2 Type B firmware upgrade

I could be the BTFon/Openzone firmware update - changing the ssid from BTOpenzone to BTOpenzone-H

(-B for the business hubs)

I'd guess the hub'll be updated regardless of your fon status

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

@DS wrote:

I could be the BTFon/Openzone firmware update - changing the ssid from BTOpenzone to BTOpenzone-H

(-B for the business hubs)

I'd guess the hub'll be updated regardless of your fon status

Thanks, that explanation makes sense.

I have FON disabled.

Don't know why BT didn't provide info though, like they did in the link for the September release
I included in my first post. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

I noticed my HH2 updating today. The software version is now 4.7.5.1.83.3.31.1.1 (Type B), but I don't know what it was before. I was hoping that they might have finally addressed the clock not being BST, but obviously not as this software's been available since at least January.

I wonder could it be that "updating" could be anything other than updating the software? It seems odd that my HH2 would have been running an old version for weeks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

@minusdot wrote:

I noticed my HH2 updating today. The software version is now 4.7.5.1.83.3.31.1.1 (Type B), but I don't know what it was before. I was hoping that they might have finally addressed the clock not being BST, but obviously not as this software's been available since at least January.

I wonder could it be that "updating" could be anything other than updating the software? It seems odd that my HH2 would have been running an old version for weeks.

My HH2 type B hub updated about a week ago to 4.7.5.1.83.3.37. I previously had your "new" version.

I know from earlier posts that MY "new" version has been available since July and it doesn't fix the BST problem.

So yes, you can wait weeks or months for the hub to be updated.

As explained before your last post, other things can be changed such as the renaming of BT Fon/Openzone etc.

Your hub will probably update again (at some time) but as stated it doesn't fix the time problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

You're right Smirnoff - it updated to 4.7.5.1.83.3.37 at 2am this morning. Bit of a PITA when you've set the time manually and it resets itself to midnight on Jan 1 2003!

0 Ratings