Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedums
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Home Hub 2, no phone light

Go to solution

Howdi,

had a big problem on Thursday night 7.30, Vision box stop recording and lost the wi-fi to all laptops. Could not fix it and went on to the helpdesk and the girl was great. 1 hour later we had wi-fi back and Vision was Ok too.

But, all through the repair I could not and still have not got the Broadband Phone light on the hub to light. Eventually the girl stated that BT had done away with the broadband phone service. Is this correct?

Jed.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hub 2, no phone light

Go to solution

No, the service is still working for existing users. When did you last use it to make a call?

You could try this link to re-configure your home hub https://service.btbroadbandvoice.bt.com/selfcare/consumerYourAccount

0 Ratings
jedums
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Keith.Re: Home Hub 2, no phone light

Go to solution

Keith, the thing about my BB phone is I dont know what it does! I make calls and I receive them, all UK. I dont honestly know if there is a benefit for me. So, is uusing my landline (same phone) number a hassle or should I get the Home Hub phone light working again?

Thanks.

Jed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Re: Keith.Re: Home Hub 2, no phone light

Go to solution

The hub phone will work on your landline number if the broadband talk number is not available. i.e. the "phone" light is off.

Your broadband talk number gives you free evening and weekend calls, so it really depends on what call package you have on your normal landline number. If you already have that option, then BBT is not any cheaper.

The extra phone number is useful if you want to originate more than one call at a time.

If BBT is working, you can hear a higher pitched dial-tone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@jedums wrote:

..... I dont honestly know if there is a benefit for me. So, is uusing my landline (same phone) number a hassle or should I get the Home Hub phone light working again?

Thanks.

Jed.

It all depends what calling package you have on your normal PSTN number, and also what phone line number people have been calling you on.

If when you had the troubles with the home hub and the online advisor got you to default the hub you would have lost the Broadband talk facility, it may just need reprogramming.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The web site for reprogramming Broadband Talk is http://www.bt.com/bbt

jedums
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Brilliant Keith,