cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 2 problems with Sonos and IP addresses

Up until recently I used a Netgear DG834PN router which was fine and worked well with the Sonos system we have.  About 8 months ago we upgraded to Option 3 and were sent a new Home Hub 2 which I prefer because of ease of use and wifi signal.  I do however have major problems with it now in that it seems seems to be unable to keep up with attached devices and their IP address allocation such that the Sonos system, which worked fine with the 8 year old Netgear, is terrible on HH2 with zones simply not showing up on the network.  All from a brand new router, never used until about a month ago that is supposed to be state of the art.  Is there anything that can be done?  One of the reasons we upgraded was the router offer but it seems to perform worse than older routers out there in this regard.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 2 problems with Sonos and IP addresses

The problems with the HH2 are legion as you will soon see if you browse through a few of the threads on this forum. I'm just glad that I have never used either of my BT supplied HHs - I just use a third party router that has given stirling service for the past two years on both Total BB and now Infinity.

You could give BT a call and complain and they might replace it with the new HH3 (but then again they might replace it with another HH2)!

wedding

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I am also most unimpressed that trying a 'Restart' using the button called just that, without touching ANYTHING else threw the damned device back a RESET!!!!  So in addition to all the problems I have with this I have had to dig out all the papers that came with it and set the whole thing up again as as a first time use router.  Not happy, not happy at all!!!!

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Once you have set it up again there is an option to backup your settings. - click on A-Z (top right of most pages) - then backup settings.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks.  God knows why the Restart button triggered a full reset as new??

0 Ratings