cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 3.0 problems

Is anyone else having problems with the Home Hub 3.0? Previously on adsl my Home Hub 2.0 (although lacking in range) seemed to work fine. Since upgrading to Infinity both of the 3.0 hubs have exhibited same problem no matter what wireless channel is used. Basically internet is real sluggish to start. On our iPhone 4 and iPad it can take almost 30 seconds to respond to an internet app or safari page. On my laptops, although internet is better and more responsive, networking is dodgy. In that under my networks I can see the other laptops but then intermittently get no response from the other laptop whilst trying to browse files. It's bizarre.

I heard maybe the Hub 3.0 is temperamental, especially with mobile phones nearby. Is that true?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 3.0 problems

Other than some erratic behaviour yesterday after fibre was installed my HH3 has been a rock steady champ.

Had some problems with my LAN connections not getting ip's and the wireless kept dropping out, I had a play in the settings and all has been well since, most of the LAN connections just needed setting up again but the wireless didn't like being on channel 5 so I stuck it on 'smart wireless' and it seems to be happy on channel 11.

I use both an iPhone 4 and an iPad and have not noticed any problems with either of them, one of the LAN devices that was having a problem was an Apple TV but after the change of wireless channel it works fine.

I cant really help you with your specific problem but putting the HH on 'smart wireless' seemed to cure any gremlins that I had.

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I tried all that with smart wireless. I am a bit baffled. Having said that I got up this morning and the broadband light had gone orange. Swapped to another hub and same issue. BT tech identified a line fault when I rang them and an engineer is due Saturday. Perhaps this has had some bearing on the wireless problems I have had prior to it's collapse this morning. Haven't really used ethernet so can't comment on whether hard wired exhibited same issues. Although even if there is a line/DSL problem my network file sharing should not be affected by this.

The problem with my new house is the wifi is a bit congested on the road it seems. Inssider suggests channels 1-5 are free but there is definetely something sinister in the airwaves as these channels are dire. Smart wireless tends to choose channel 11 which is the best performing but not without it's problems!

Will have to wait and see.
0 Ratings
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi, just a quick question... did you have problems with your wired LAN connections?  If so how did you resolve?  I've got a couple of devices connected via wired ethernet and the HH3 just wont give an IP address out...  The log just says "lease requested"...

0 Ratings