cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geaves
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Home Hub 3.0

Nephew is looking to upgrade to Infinity, does the new Hub3 have a built vDSL modem or is it still separate? He currently has a Draytek 2820 on ADSL and would prefer to continue to use this via the wan2 port.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Hub 3.0

Hub3 does not have a built in vDSL modem. It has a red BT Infinity ethernet socket on the back so that it can be connected to the Openreach modem. I would advise the Home Hub with BT, unless your very well technically inclined, as the tech help are useless if its a different router.
0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for that I'll let him know, I do know he would prefer to continue to use the Draytek due to his Linux PABX set up, a number of wap points...etc.

0 Ratings
Puppy
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

The WAN 2 port connected to the OR modem should be fine. Just need to configure PPOE with standard BT username and no password there is loads on the forums here, just search Draytek or google Draytek and Infinity.  I use Netscreen no problem at all.

Dave
0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 5 of 6

@Puppy wrote:

The WAN 2 port connected to the OR modem should be fine. Just need to configure PPOE with standard BT username and no password there is loads on the forums here, just search Draytek or google Draytek and Infinity.  I use Netscreen no problem at all.

Hi Puppy,

Sorry to contradict your excellent advice, but some routers require you to input a "dummy" password, as although there isn't one needed for the Infinity service, some routers will not allow the connection to authenticate without putting something in the password field.

I hope this info helps. 😄

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Mine needed a password. For ease I just used my BT email addy as user and email password. Worked a treat and still does.

0 Ratings