cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary-C
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 3 Access Control not working

Not sure if anyone can help with this, but here goes!

I have access control enabled on my HomeHub 3 which should stop my daughter from using the Internet between 9:00pm and 3:00pm - it seems to be working in as much as she isn't able to access the internet from her laptop from the time she gets up until 3:00pm, but it doesn't stop her using the internet at 9:00pm, in fact she can still quite happily access the internet up until 10:30 or even later.

I have tried restarting the hub, switching access control off and back on and delting and re-instating the device block but none of these seem to work properly, so any advice would be gratefully received.

I'm also having problems with wireless connectivity, but I've put that in a different post as I think it probably needs different expertise

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 3 Access Control not working

It could be because the time on the hub is an hour slow because it has not updated to BST. This is a known problem which BT were going to sort out within a few days! See here and elsewhere in these forums: http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Clocks-Forward/td-p/448429.

Pending resolution of the problem, putting the Access Control times back an hour might do it. (It has been reported that the alternative of setting the time manually can result in the hub not keeping time very well.)  

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Gary-C
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply

I had a feeling it might ne something like that so I switched the time from 21:00 to 20:30 and it worked by cutting the connection off at 20:30. Put it back to 21:00 and it stops working again - hey ho, back to square one!

0 Ratings
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I have the same problem.  I've set the access control for my kids laptops but it doesn't seem to open up access at the set times.  Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

0 Ratings