Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 51

Re: Home Hub 3; Apple devices

Go to solution

Can you connect your Macbook using an Ethernet cable, to prove that it is a wireless problem?

Also, do you have a spare wireless router, or similar device with wireless?

0 Ratings
lyesbkz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 51

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Can you connect your Macbook using an Ethernet cable, to prove that it is a wireless problem?

I have tried using a cable. In this case I had no problem and was able to connect - however the problem even with the wireless is intermittent. In the past (last week) I have used a cable and have had absolutely no connectivity with the router whatsoever!

I have a spare router however it is an ADSL router and not sure how (or whether) it will link up with Infinity. If it will then I would much rather be using it than the HH3 as it has many more features which I'd like to see!

I have contacted BT and explained the issue, and was a bit hurt to be told that there would be a chargeable fee should I wish to continue with the diagnosis, and to call a different number to do so. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 51

Go to solution

@lyesbkz wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

I have tried using a cable. In this case I had no problem and was able to connect - however the problem even with the wireless is intermittent. In the past (last week) I have used a cable and have had absolutely no connectivity with the router whatsoever!

I have a spare router however it is an ADSL router and not sure how (or whether) it will link up with Infinity. If it will then I would much rather be using it than the HH3 as it has many more features which I'd like to see!

The fact that its an ADSL router still means that you can just use the wireless part only as a wireless access point.

If you tell me the make and model, I can tell you how to do it.  That should solve the wireless problem Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
lyesbkz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 51

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

The fact that its an ADSL router still means that you can just use the wireless part only as a wireless access point.

If you tell me the make and model, I can tell you how to do it.  That should solve the wireless problem Smiley Wink

It is a Belkin F5D7632-4 (version 5000uk). I hope that this is useful. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 51

Go to solution

@lyesbkz wrote:

Keith_Beddoe wrote:

It is a Belkin F5D7632-4 (version 5000uk). I hope that this is useful. Smiley Happy

Yes it should be, I will take a look at the online manual, and let you know here.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 51

Go to solution

If I am reading the manual right, that is a dual ADSL/CABLE router, as it has an option to change the ISP connection from PPPoA to PPPoE.

If that is the case, then it can replace the home hub 3 totally.

I am reading the manual here http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/p74725uk_f5d7632uk4_manrev.pdf

0 Ratings
lyesbkz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 51

Go to solution

The side of the box indicates support for both the PPPoA and PPPoE protocol. I'm not sure where this fits in with Infinity as I have limited knowledge here. The box mentions itbeing an ADSL modem only and has no reference to Cable, and the rear of the router has 4 Ethernet ports and an ADSL port only.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 51

Go to solution

Set ISP type to PPPoE

User name broadbanduser@btbroadband.com

Password BT

Leave everything else as it is for the moment.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 51

Go to solution

My Adobe reader does not display the pictures, but it possible that the ADSL socket will fit a RJ11 or an Ethernet cable.

If you have the proper manual it should tell you which to use for the WAN port.

0 Ratings
lyesbkz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 51

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Set ISP type to PPPoE

User name broadbanduser@btbroadband.com

Password BT

Leave everything else as it is for the moment.

Which cables should I be plugging into where?

0 Ratings