cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piecringe
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 3 Firmware Updates

Will I still be able to receive updates as I have set my powersave to activate between midnight and 7am? Thanks. Rob.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 3 Firmware Updates

Hi Rob

Yes as the powersave only disables your wireless signal.

"Hub 3 you can turn on BT Power Save. This feature switches off the wireless feature on your Hub so it uses less energy."

From http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13116

And current versions from HERE are.-

BT Home Hub 3 – Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A) or V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B

Type http://bthomehub.home into the address bar of your web browser and press Enter.

Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage.

The software version is shown in the bottom left of the screen.

EDIT From THIS  it says....

"If your Hub 3 isn't yet on this version, please leave it switched on to allow the overnight upgrade. You don't need to cancel BT Power Save as the upgrade will still be able to take place."

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Piecringe
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Oh right it's just that the booklet said automatic powersave sends it only to sleep but manual powersave turns the wireless off completelf.

So the result is exacly the same for both actions? Thanks. Rob.

0 Ratings
HHThreebad
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi Members

I have been having major problems with a couple of XP laptops connecting wirelessly to our home hub 3, when we first got the hub it worked perfect and all computers connected without exception. I have worked out over the past 3 months that the issue is with the firmware updates which are automatically carried out without consultation. I have just reversed the firmware update to a previous version and hey presto all working fine again. Unfortunately overnight the firmware hub has been updated again and it has stopped working again. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to stop the automated firmware updates, i can't find anything in the Hub setting etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

HHThreebad

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

your question has been answered in your original post about wireless problems
hub updates are automatic and cannot be stopped
0 Ratings