Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding Issue - Question to BT

Question to BT

Hello i have recently joined BT Infinity and have hit the issue of the Port Forwarding not working. My HH3 is on the following version of software. Will this version automatically upgrade to the latest version of firmware and will this fix my port forwarding issue?

As i work in IT (Cisco Network Eng) i need to be able to access several devices/services at home and this is a real pain for me. If you think that this could drag on as some posts have indicated could you please let me know and i will either get a draytek or throw in a cisco 1841.

Thank you

Dean.

Current firmware:V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B
Last updated:Unknown
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding Issue - Question to BT

I had intermittant port forwarding issues with my HH. Sometimes worked and like this morning just didn't work, then suddenly its back again, and no its nothing to do with dynamic IP address, my public IP hasn't changed for days. Its almost like port triggering is active by default, needs a few packets before the port forwarding works.

In the end I got a Draytek 2750 and port forwarding, VPN all just works.

Not using the 2750 today, as I am tracing an issue where VPN secured with Xkryptor DES keys (for use in secure laptops) has an issue with Outlook when using the 2750 (looks like packets are going missing) but works 100% fine with BT HH (and also router running DD-WRT).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

@requiem wrote:

Question to BT

Hello i have recently joined BT Infinity and have hit the issue of the Port Forwarding not working. My HH3 is on the following version of software. Will this version automatically upgrade to the latest version of firmware and will this fix my port forwarding issue?.........

Thank you

Dean.

Current firmware:V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B
Last updated:Unknown

Hi Dean

By the look of it you've got the type B version of the HH3 with current firmware.

From http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13073

The latest versions of the firmware are:

• BT Home Hub 3 – Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A) or V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B
--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

thank you for the reply guys.

That not good then, It seems im on the latest version of firmware for my model then? BT help?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 6

"Throw in a cisco 1841"

You solved it yourself really.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

@pippincp wrote:

"Throw in a cisco 1841"

You solved it yourself really.

Couple of problems I can see there....

• A large wallet is needed to even consider a Cisco 1841.
  • Can't see any VDSL modules being available. (Could alway use the BT VDSL modem !!).
  • Only got 100Mb switch. No Gb ethernet.
0 Ratings