Message 21 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

Hi Guys

I am looking into this now and will post up when I have something for you 🙂

ta

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fishyuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 560

Go to solution
Top man, much appreciated 🙂
0 Ratings
sM3e
Beginner
Message 23 of 560

Go to solution

Spot on chaps! 

I was pulling my hair out over this after meticulously setting up all my old prt forwards to only find that I coud access any of them!

However I have now done as suggested and tried from a 3G connection and it works fine. I even gor DYNDNS running through the hub without the need for surplus software on my machine.

Can we request an update for as soon as LOOPBACK is implemented into the new HomeHub as I regulary use it to Screen-Share, Web-Gui's etc

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 560

Go to solution

Craig, I am also having a major problem with this and it has taken an IT expert some considerable time to discover that the problem is with the hub not doing the port forwarding thing which is an essential part of the software I am trying to use for my business.  This has become a really frustrating exercise and is holding up our business.  Could you please let us know when a fix is in place? 

0 Ratings
Will99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 560

Go to solution

I've got HH3 and I can't even get external people to connect through to my IP network cam let alone myself through loopback!

I'm relatively experienced with port forwarding with Netgear etc. and have NEVER had a problem. With HH3 I cannot get any external connection either to the router admin page or to any other IP on my LAN via port forwarding.

I've got the IP cam sitting on a LAN IP and works perfectly from any computer on my LAN. But whatever portforwarding settings I use it's impossible to access externally.

I've read other forums which claim problems with the portforwarding with HH3, but a few people claim it worked for them.

Anyone got any tips?

I've got latest firmware, tried different ports, different ways of listing the port forwarding (individual or groups), disabled UpnP (should be irrelevant anyway), disabled firewall completely, tried port config app (doesnt support HH3), used port checker, etc. etc.

My conclusion is that BT Infinity and HH3 are both pants...

I am just about to go on a business trip only to discover at the last minute that simple remote admin of my home network is impossible, the kinds of things I used to do every day with my last ISP and hardware.

Netgear and Bethere sorely missed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Gizmo99
Contributor
Message 26 of 560

Go to solution
It is being worked on let's keep our thingers crossed on this one

Giz
0 Ratings
Partagas
Message 27 of 560

Go to solution
Discovered the same issues. Can't believe they ship this rubbish without testing basic functionality. Off on holiday in 4 days with no sling player or ip cam thanks to BT as I can't enable port forwarding. Looks like a new router from TPLink is required at £33 and so I will ditch BT Fon unless this is fixed soon. Very poor service.
0 Ratings
FlamingDeath
Contributor
Message 28 of 560

Go to solution

What did you expect?

They only give you the homehub for free so they can sell your internet to some stranger in the locality.

This is far more important than anything you want...

0 Ratings
sabolo
Beginner
Message 29 of 560

Go to solution

Yup... same problem for me... was hoping we would get some response from BT by now at least with an ETA... HH3 will be consigned to a cupboard and a new router bought if I cannot be assured of an imminent fix.  This is basic stuff and should have been working before the HH3 was released.  Having to go through all my machines and update the .hosts files to point direct to the internal IP address is not really what I need!

0 Ratings
sM3e
Beginner
Message 30 of 560

Go to solution
I have found another problem. On os x latest mac mini, the routers wireless channel goes to sleep when not in use meaning I can nO longer screen share or iTunes HomeSharing unless I send a couple of wake on LAN packets and then disable and re-enable iTunes HomeSharing. This is not ideal especially when it sleeps whilst watching AppleTV which then stops playing what it's already buffered!

I found a simple fix though for all my problems, back to the HH2 and HH3 goes back in it's box until it's truly prepared to fulfil it's destiny (if they ever fix it!) Added bonus here is I can use my HubPhones again and take the new Dects I bought back for a refund!!

Please sort it BT!
0 Ratings