Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gizmo99
Contributor
Message 31 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution
The port forwarding is in hand hopefully will update very soon;)
0 Ratings
sweeneypaul
Beginner
Message 32 of 560

Go to solution

Im really dissapointed at the hardware and service provided by bt. First they send the HH3 which does not work fully and when I call them up to ask for a solution, I say I know what the problem is so can you send me a new modem so I can get a new router.
The only thing he said he could do was put me through to the paid for help line

so dissapointed 

0 Ratings
Kongio
Message 33 of 560

Go to solution

Hi all

Just stumbled upon this problem myself.

I've found I can get it to work if you explicitly specify a 'User Defined IP Address', rather than selecting the machine name from the list.

I know this doesn't work for some people, but I thought I'd add my 2p

My firmware is Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

Kongio

0 Ratings
Will99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 560

Go to solution
No signs of a fix for HH3 from BT as far as I can see.

Thought I'd relay my experience phoning BT to discuss the port forwarding issue.

The guy on the phone made it clear that while the functionality "might" be present in the router "it is not a supported feature".
When asked whether the router can be connected to remotely and the admin menus accessed he gave the same answer. If I understand correctly he also stated that using an IP camera or network device was not allowed by BT (illegal?) although that was later downgraded to "not supported".

When I said that remote access would be very useful so you can check that everything is ok (e.g. your family still has internet access) when travelling he laughed and said he didn't know or think anyone would want that service. Basically a put down.

Under more lengthy prompting he referred me to the (fairly well known) website http://portforward.com/ and stated there "might be a solution there but we cannot support you any further".

It seems he thought my incompetence was the reason I could not get port forwarding to work but of course the real reason is that PORT FORWARDING ON BT'S LATEST HARDWARE DOES NOT WORK.

And by the way, he also demonstrated ignorance of portforward.com! portforward.com is not updated to work with HH3, only works with earlier BT routers as of a week or so ago.

So my impression of BT is that they are doing everything they can to make life difficult if you want to do anything other than fits in with their very narrow idea about how to use the internet.

God forbid anyone set up a home network and connect it to the internet!
0 Ratings
raijukon
Message 35 of 560

Go to solution

I've had the very same problem with my BT home hub 3 as well, after extensively scouring the web ive found the easiest way to get past the problem is the assign the xbox to DMZ (will find this under port forwarding) hope this helps guys

0 Ratings
Gizmo99
Contributor
Message 36 of 560

Go to solution

0 Ratings
fishyuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 560

Go to solution
Strangely my Xbox 360 works absolutely fine with the HH3, I suspect it is correctly handling UPNP. However I can't get GFL working at all on my Windows 7 machine with HH3, even if I stick it in the DMZ. I added full details here as I ran the MS internet connectivity tests. The HH3 only seems to cope with XP and upnp.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Home-Hub-3-UPnP-issue/m-p/148531#M67018
0 Ratings
Gizmo99
Contributor
Message 38 of 560

Go to solution
Xbox and ps3 work fine they use uPnP to set up the required port forwarding, you don't need and dmz !!!

The problem is you can set your own port forward through the web front end of hh3 but the hub doesn't action your rules !

Giz
0 Ratings
raijukon
Message 39 of 560

Go to solution
Let me just clarify what i meant about the DMZ, i fully agree you dont need the DMZ, in fact i would always suggest forwarding the correct ports over using dmz, XBLive will work fine without it, however for those unlucky enough to have a strict NAT and are unable to forward any ports due to the problem with the HH3 it may be worthwhile looking into putting the Xbox360 into the dmz list as this is meant to allow through all traffic not blocked by the firewall to the console and hence giving an open NAT
0 Ratings
fishyuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 560

Go to solution

BT guys, any update on fixed firmware?

0 Ratings