Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 201 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

Nope. BT didn't have the foresight to put a firmware update page as part of the HomeHub. Unlike with proprietary routers you are stuck till BT decides to release it to you, and I have had 2 home hubs that refuse to accept updates so they've had to senda a new one out to me!

Playing the waiting game yet again with no REAL answers forthcoming! 

0 Ratings
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 202 of 560

Go to solution

@requiem wrote:

... My HH3 router is on firmware V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B ...

Where do you get this figure from?

My HH3 firmware is reported as:

Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

Last Updated:

20/04/11

0 Ratings
requiem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 203 of 560

Go to solution

I'm guessing that this is the factory default as it's never been updated. I'd love to know when it will update.... I find it hard to understand that they do not allow manual updates....

0 Ratings
chuckles67
Beginner
Message 204 of 560

Go to solution

I had problems port forwarding (80 8010 5060 etc) with BT Home Hub 3 until I renamed my Device as "Gigaset" (it had been "Siemens VoIP telephone") in the Advanced Settings > Home Network > Devices page

=> I'm guessing there is a bug with device naming and port forwarding with BT HomeHub 3 Firmware Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A) 

=> try using simple Device names with up to 8 letters A-Z and numbers, no spacing, no symbols, and see if that helps

0 Ratings
BryantI
Contributor
Message 205 of 560

Go to solution

Are BT going to fix this issue along with the loop back issue as they are selling broadband with these routers as the best thing and will make the Internet better!!!! This is false advertising and I am thinking of going down this route to get me out of the contract as only 6 months in and change to another supplier even taking a slower speed. As the issues are not being fixed. They know they have issues but don't even give an outline of when they expect to have a fix. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

0 Ratings
timsoane
Beginner
Message 206 of 560

Go to solution

Has this firmware update issued yet?  My HH3 has 'FTP server' as a default setting in port forwarding alongside various games and so on, so it is strange that it does not work, or I am doing something wrong more likely.

0 Ratings
unclejohn
Beginner
Message 207 of 560

Go to solution

I have given up waiting for BT to offer a fix, and have decided to buy a decent router, does the WNDR3700 have a certified Plug and play that works with WHS2011 server?? I know the Hub3 is free but i am disgusted at the way BT treat there customers over the loopback issue!! it's been so long now, I am thinking nobody at BT is capable (or maybe SKY has it's finger in this as Sagem also make there router?) as well as BT's.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 208 of 560

Go to solution

Hi All,

I have been following this up with the hub team and we'll post an update here shortly.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 209 of 560

Go to solution
Please don't call me shortly - I'm quite tall
But OTOH I hang on your every word hoping I have grounds for optimisom ;-))
0 Ratings
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 210 of 560

Go to solution

This is all irelevant to me now.

Moved home, BT said couldn't get infinity at my new address (despite knowing that the street has BT infinity as the neighbour has it!) so thought stuff it, am going with Virgin.

Shiny new Virgin equipment arrived today, complete with Superhub.... guess what...... Virgin supply equipment that actually works as described UNLIKE BT!

So, thanks for the excuses and timewasting BT, and I hope for the others on this thread that this gets resolved sooner rather than later!

Off to watch some catchup TV on my new Tivo now.... far better than BT Vision!

0 Ratings