cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amstaffpl
Message 531 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (Solved for me)

Go to solution

Hi

Pain in a.. but sorted

static ip then

do as you do port forwarding but when you assign created the porthole put on the device #User Defined IP Address# then type assigned IP (swann camera)

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.82.1.1 (Type A) | Time and date 21:01 17/10/13

RGDS

0 Ratings
swanny65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 532 of 560

Go to solution

Hi

Spent most of the day trying to apply port forward my sons xbox360 so he can use JQE360 Link. I am certain my setup and and settings used are correct as I have a friend who has an identical set up, his setup works and we went through it together.

In doing so I reset the HH3 Type A to factory settings, powered it off for 10 minutes and input details via adding a new supported application. I then asigned this application to the xbox.

I have just been on to BT for 35 minutes and they cut me off have way through my explanation to their second expert.

I have seen this post and it appears some Type A HH3's wont port forward. However when i mention this to BT they said they couldnt send me a type B HH3 as the distribution is pot luck, some get type A and some type B......

Finally, and this may mean nothing, my HH3 shows various devices connected to the router, in the Home Network tab, when they are switched off. There are also some devices that are connected that are not listed in this tab. e.g. a networked pc. There is never a problem accessing the internet from these devices which is all they require.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 533 of 560

Go to solution

Port forwarding on the HH3A is broken, I have proven this myself, on my daughters setup.

All I can suggest is that you get your own router, or see if you can persuade BT to give you a HH4. There have been no reported issues with port forwarding on HH4.

0 Ratings
swanny65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 534 of 560

Go to solution
Hi

Thanks for the reply,

I contacted BT. The guy I spoke with was helpful and more than willing to send me a replacement Home Hub once i went through the basics of what I had done. However it is a HH3 Type B and not a HH4.

Will let you know how I get on
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 535 of 560

Go to solution

You should have no problem with port forwarding on the B version, there are a number of forum members using one, without any problems. Just follow the guide on my website.

neilpost
Message 536 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

Having just migrated a friends business from DSL to infinity, and have had the speed to actually do some remote access now, I fell acress issues with port forwarding.

It seems bonkers, but my issues were (eventually) resolved by simply changing the target Device name from

"Synology Diskstation" to "SynologyDiskStation"

The space seemed to kill the port forwarding config completely. With the space eradicated, FTP, HTTP, Diskstation Remote Webadmin/DSFinder App (port 5000) from outside, sprang into life.

rozza38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 537 of 560

Go to solution

Any news on this? - I've just tried BT live assistance who advised me to pay for the BT support - no thanks. He said he cannot assist with port forwarding? 

My HH - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A) 

0 Ratings
rozza38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 538 of 560

Go to solution

Just been reading this - http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/portforward.html

Important notes

If you have a BT Home hub 3, version A, then port forwarding does not work, its broken.
Try to obtain a version B if you can, or buy your own router.

😞

Does the HH5 port forward ok? - Bt sell it for £51.95 delivered. Worth it or should I buy a different model?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
nelsonjp
Message 539 of 560

Go to solution

This also worked for me. I have a HH3 Version A. I have several networked PCs one of which acts as my web server. I was trying to Port Forward 'HTTP World WIde Web Services' and 'HTTPS' to the webserver PC. I had also assigned a fixed IP to the webserver.

In the HomeHub I had provided friendly names to the devices on the network so I could keep track of them more easily. In the case of the webserver PC I had imaginatively called it 'WebServer PC'. I tried everything to get the port forwarding to work but without success. I then found this fairly old thread and realised I still had a version A hub. On the basis of what I had read here I was about to give up and try to get a newer hub version, but then read about the 'spaces in names'.

I renamed 'Webserver PC' to 'WebserverPC' and hey presto, port forwarding is working perfectly.

Sometimes the HH assigns a device name with a space in it, or you may have, like me, created your own device name with a space in it. Either way it is easy to modify the device names in the 'Home Network' section which is found in the Advance Settings. Worth a try at least... it's got to be easier than trying to pursuade BT to provide a newer hub.

0 Ratings
rozza38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 540 of 560

Go to solution

Cheers - I have already tried this unfortunately and it doesn't work for me. The device I want port forwarding to doesn't have any spaces. There are other devices on the network with spaces however - does this matter? - I should add the device has a static IP also.

0 Ratings