Go to solution
the latest news was shown here Message 149 of 184
0 Ratings
colinharbour
Beginner
Message 192 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

John46, I think that was the point of the enquiry.  Message 149 refers to a post made on 21st July 2011 and it's now December with no apparent progress.

It would be nice to know that a permanent solution (i.e. a firmware update) was in sight.

Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 193 of 560

Go to solution

Just discovered there is no way to get my YAWCAM through the HH3 to the outside world!

I'm grateful for the thread - but where o where is the BT firmware fix???

0 Ratings
Message 194 of 560

Go to solution

I have been reading this now for a while and its ridiculous, at first its an annoyance where the wan loopback doesn't work but after a while having to view content via a local ip is start to grind.

This is my story, i run a few websites and have a couple of servers running on my BT connection all for personal use bla bla bla, so when i hit a public website that has content from the source of my dyndns (BT) connection it will not display, I'm baffled at the reason why BT will not release a few lines of code to enable the wan local loopback on its routers, and like i read earlier we cant manually edit the rules as BT have locked it all down.

Maybe its because BT want to prevent businesses using the cheaper option i don't know but for god sake please please please release an update or this little annoyance will not make me renew.

BT "All I want for christmass is Wan local loopback" :lol:

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Christmas.....

0 Ratings
bordonbert
Contributor
Message 195 of 560

Go to solution

My issue was how to make my Netgear Stora nas drive accessible from the internet.  I have a lot of info on it which I need to access from work.  Used to be simple but with the HomeHub3 it stopped, (of course).

Some issues were simply differing gateway and dyndns servers, but finally the renaming of the Stora allowed me to set up port forwarding to open it up again.

If you haven't already tried it, see post #155 for a solution to at least some people's problems.

0 Ratings
Gizmo99
Contributor
Message 196 of 560

Go to solution

Team

I just bought a WNDR3700

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-RangeMax-Wireless-N-Gigabit-WNDR3700/dp/B002KLC8NY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF...

Sorry but the HH3 is now back in its box

jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 197 of 560

Go to solution

I have held off asking BT for a HH3 because of these problems. I am unaware I have much choice but to stick with BT hubs because of the fact I have BT Vision and the QoS aspect of it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 198 of 560

Go to solution
BT Vision works with any router, the QOS is handled by the BT Network, as BT Vision traffic is from specific servers.

On the earlier home hubs, QOS was only implemented on the upstream link to ensure that command and control instructions where given priority if someone was uploading a file.

This was to ensure remote control signals where not delayed.

With upload speeds much faster than they were a few years ago, this is not an issue any more.
0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 199 of 560

Go to solution

Ah great..thanks for letting me know. I remember in the early days people saing Vision wouldn't work with "any" router and needed a home hub. I was not aware that nowadays at least, any router will do.

0 Ratings
requiem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 200 of 560

Go to solution

All

I have recently joined BT Infinity and straight away i have hit this issue of being unable to port forward.

My HH3 router is on firmware V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B

I spoke to BT today and they inform me that they are rolling out a firmware update that resolves this but i have to wait till they get around to my router which could be anytime.

Is there a way i can force the update to happen sooner as the BT engineer i spoke to could not do this.

Regards

Dean.

0 Ratings