Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gribley
Contributor
Message 41 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution
Indeed any news. Have same issue as all above and BT helpdesk just pointed me to the same old pages on how to configure port forwarding including portforwarding.com which just goes to some holding page :S

Notice that it does open the ports on the hub to the outside world just will not NAT the traffic to the destination.... IP or name as suggested previously.

Setup via uPnP too and still will not forward the traffic :S

Surely there is a fix in the pipeline???
0 Ratings
fishyuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 560

Go to solution
Well done BT for posting massive profits, nearly all on the back of broadband. Now please can you invest some of that in to actually making it work properly and in to moderators who will actually keep us informed. Surely a key tenent of customer service is "keep people updated..".

Getting seriously frustrated here, this should be high priorty.
sambartle
Contributor
Message 43 of 560

Go to solution

I dug out my trial HH3 to test something from another post so I thought I'd have a go of this whilst I was at it.. 

Port forwarding works exactly the same as it ever has for me (i've never been able to loopback) and the same as it does with my normal router (not a BT one)

Are some people saying they can do local loopback to thier own public IP's? as that would be handy for testing purposes.

0 Ratings
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 560

Go to solution

u guys tried this

mine works by

1. make sure the device u want to port forward keeps the ip address u want.

in home network, devices, clcik on the device and click always use this ip address.

2. set the ip in user defined ip address in the port forwarding, configuration, drop down

3. buy new router that isnt managed by BT 🙂

this is a nice site for router reviews

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/

good forum too

0 Ratings
Gribley
Contributor
Message 45 of 560

Go to solution
[quote]
Port forwarding works exactly the same as it ever has for me (i've never been able to loopback) and the same as it does with my normal router (not a BT one)
[/quote]

Setup is the standard affair yes, everything setup correctly and rules appearing in the event log as redirecting traffic but never a packet received (port open on internal network and available to other PC`s inside the network). Odd that the ports are opened so it looks like the NATing just isn`t happening.

Tried both IP and machine name (DHCP lease set to give static address for the MAC address)... all looks like broken router software to me 😞

Putting it in the DMZ with no specific rules didn`t work either :S
0 Ratings
hlens
Beginner
Message 46 of 560

Go to solution

That actually works! thanks spar, yeah port forwarding through home network section works! can connect to my server externally which is good news. This is kind of daft by bt, though my vigor 2920 should be here soon so that should solve the nat loopback problem.

@spar wrote:

u guys tried this

mine works by

1. make sure the device u want to port forward keeps the ip address u want.

in home network, devices, clcik on the device and click always use this ip address.

2. set the ip in user defined ip address in the port forwarding, configuration, drop down

3. buy new router that isnt managed by BT 🙂

this is a nice site for router reviews

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/

good forum too

0 Ratings
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 560

Go to solution

no probs although i had tried and got this to work it was kongio on page 4 who mentioned it first 🙂

i still have wireless probs on my 2k3 machine which did not exit on version 4.7.5.1.83.8.45

but since version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57 its borked

i might try a full reset and see if that helps....

na wireless to my 2k3 client still borked, xp client seem ok, weird

back to old router again w2k3 wireless works fine on that and notablely on the hh2

0 Ratings
andy012345
Contributor
Message 48 of 560

Go to solution

I'm using 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 and port forwarding works fine. 11 connections atm to the forwarded port, had 0 problems with it.

The hub doesn't do loopbacks on the WAN interface though. Meh, my old routers didn't anyway, no change for me.

0 Ratings
Gribley
Contributor
Message 49 of 560

Go to solution
Same.... 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)... yet don`t work here :S
0 Ratings
Will99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 560

Go to solution

I'm also on Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A) and port forwarding does NOT work.

E.g. I set up a simple rule in HH3 to forward port 80 to a fixed IP address that is clearly serving up web pages on my LAN.
Then if I do a port scan of my external IP address then port 80 is shown as OPEN. but if I browse my external IP address (loop back I guess) then nothing is returned.
If my friend browses my external IP address from outside my home LAN then nothing is returned.
Clearly port forwarding on HH3 is working for some people but not for plenty of people and for reasons that are completely opaque.
I've been away for a month since I first posted the issue and loads of people raised it months (?) earlier and NOTHING has changed from BT.
Also, on a separate but equally pathetic issue, is there any news from BT on whether/when remote admin will be possible with HH3? Last time I spoke to BT they seemed to think this was completely unnecessary functionality that no one could conceivable want to use - what planet are they on?