Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DragonQ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 541 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

I have a Home Hub 3B and I can't get port forwarding working correctly eiither. I've attached 4 screenshots showing how I've set up a simple port forward (UDP 16000) but the port is still showing as closed by Voobly (the application that wants this port open) and on all of the port checking websites.

Application.png

Port Forwarding.png

Static IP.png

Port Closed.png

I'm using static IPs and don't have spaces in my application or device names. What else can I do?? I complained to BT but they didn't want to know since it was not something BT "supports" apparently (what a joke).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 542 of 560

Go to solution

You need to set the IP address manually on the device name dominator (your PC). You do this from within the computer network settings, not on the home hub. Do not use DHCP.

Look at the examples on this pages.

Port forwarding problems

CCTV and IP cameras - port forwarding

You will not be able to see UDP ports open using the remote port testing tools as they only work with TCP ports.

0 Ratings
DragonQ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 543 of 560

Go to solution

I don't know what you mean. As you can see from my screenshots, my "Dominator" PC has a static IP already. I have tried typing in its IP when setting up the port forwarding but the interface realises that "192.168.1.101" is "Dominator" and replaces the IP with the host name.

EDIT: Oh I think I see what you mean. On my desktop I need to set the network card to not get the IP address by DHCP. I just tried that and Voobly says that all network tests are passed, so I guess that works.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 544 of 560

Go to solution

You have to change it on the PC.

Using static IP addresses on your home network

It has to be outside of the DHCP range of the hub, for reliability.

0 Ratings
Message 545 of 560

Re: My ports will not forward..

Go to solution

Hi Keith/All,

@Kieth - I am sure your resources are great. However, with all due respect, the requirement to connect through a BT router is extremely annoying and promotes exclusivity!

I manage a BT Business account associated with a charity organisation and we are not open 24 hours a day. We are open 15 hours a week and I have a day job that means I can't go into that location (which is open during working hours) to find that information out by accessing the site through that BT network. I myself am on a Virgin network, so can't access your resouces. It doesn't do your site any favours if only people on BT can access it, which has pretty much the worst tech support and customer service record next to Talk-Talk. If nothing else, yu're mssing out on site visitor numbers and it loses BT honesty if any complaints are taken off the forum.

I have  avery similar problem. I am looking for a solution to the problem of opening an outbound VPN connection on the business hub to forward traffic on to Linux based devices or access VPN through Linux. The latter is fine, however it appears to not send/receive traffic and I want to make sure that the OpenVPN port (1194) does open correctly.

Thanks in advance

Ethar

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 546 of 560

Go to solution

I only provide assistance to BT Broadband customers, and my site is running on my own ADSL connection, so bandwidth is very restricted, so I need to exclude other users, especially search engines and other not so friendly sources.

Remember, I am only a BT customer and have nothing to do with BT, so how I present my website is up to me, and I am not interested in visitor numbers.

There are plenty of other resources on the Internet regarding port forwarding, including BT.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8790/%7E/does-the-bt-home-hub-allow-game-and-applicat...

As you are managing a BT Business Broadband connection, then the BT Business forums would be the best place to post, as this one is for residential customers.

See BT Business Support Forum

BT Business Broadband uses static IP adresses, and many of the business hub settings are different.

0 Ratings
MrWoody89
Beginner
Message 547 of 560

Go to solution

I take it from the fact that this thread has been running since ‎25-03-2011, and the last post was only about a month ago that this issue never really got fixed.

i have a Windows Homer Server 2011 connected via cable to my router, I open the ports that I need to for VPN and RDP to work, but, nothing. Checked using a couple of online checkers (http://www.canyouseeme.org etc) and athough some ports will open, others will not. Tried all combinations of UPNP on and off, in and out of DMZ, firewall on or off. Makes no difference what so ever!!

Really at the end of my teather here Smiley Frustrated, any other ideas before i just go out and buy an airport extreme?

0 Ratings
rozza38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 548 of 560

Go to solution

I solved my problem with this and the waiting issues due to DNS etc by buying a TPLINK router. BT support were useless.

0 Ratings
polwindave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 549 of 560

Go to solution

BT support have achieved an all time low on this. If I could get an alternate supplier for residential & my business services I would ... and as soon as its available ... I will. BT ought to notice threads like this going on for years but they don't action them. The only way you can achieve anything with BT is to raise a high level complaint which is nothing short of pathetic

What's worse is the senior managers must know this.

0 Ratings
martinfbrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 550 of 560

Go to solution

Hi,

At present I have a home hub 2 which I have port forwarding set for a cctv system. BT have sent me a new hub 3 type A. Looking through the posts on the forum for port forwarding, I see that there seem to be problems with the hub 3 type A. Contacted bt, and they say that the hub 3 type is the correct one for my broadband service. Can anyone advise on this please. I have no problem with setting up port forwarding, but want to know before setting up the hub 3 type a first. Thanks

Martin

0 Ratings