Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Home Hub 3 - Smart TV Samsung

HI all

has anyone got any experience with Samsung Smart TVs connected to the HH3?

When I had my Netgear router in the house supplying the internet to us, I could control the TV with my iOS device and also using my SGS (Samsung Galaxy).

I could streem directly from my phones to the TV. Since I had the HH3 this isn't possible anymore. the phones just cannot see the telly.

The TV still goes online and that better than before due to the increased internet access speed, but we cannot stream to it anymore.

I put my Netgear back to see if for some reason it could be a fault with the TV but not, as soon as I had the TV connected to the latter it all worked again.

any idea what I need to do to the HH3 to get this all back working?

REgards

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Home Hub 3 - Smart TV Samsung

Is your a 3A? There are known port issues with this hub, sometimes it can't 'see' the other devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I have no experience with samsung smart tv's but my bravia works fine with the hh3, the remote app on my galaxy s2 still works & also streaming movies/music/images. I never did any port forwarding for it to work on my old netgear dg834gt & haven't had to with the hh3 either.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hi guys thanks for your replies. Yes I had 4 to 5 new routers due to several problem all the time. All but the 1st one have been of the type A. Type B did allow me to see the TV from the phone but as one of you mentioned the type A must all have this problem. Also now that we are comparing the two, type A allows me to forward ports. Type B didn't let me. I have had no problem in my kids having a mine craft server at home. Neither did I have problem with my camera and accessing it from the outside. Type B as said didn't let me. So okay then I know that type A is barring the phones to see the TV on the same network. What a shame. But does anyone reckon that this can be resolved with port forwarding?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 10

It can be resolved by ditching the HH and using your own router. Any router that supports PPPoE will do you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

well thanks for that but that is already what I said in my 1st post that with my netgear it would work!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 10

What's the problem then if you have your own router you can use?

I don't know of any ISP who supplies a half decent router, they're all hobbled in some way with custom firmware and are normally purchased at the lowest price possible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

Sorry to crach this thread, I have a similar problem with a Samsung Smart TV.

I have a Home hub 3 type b.  I can log on to the internet through my tv, either through a cable or wireless, but i can't seem to get any data downloaded, in particular i can't update the smart hub with any apps, can't use the browser, nothing. I've signed into allshare so some data is getting through, but that's as far as i get.

I've contacted Samsung, but the 1st round of custmer service didn't know what to say and i'm waiting to hear from level two tech support.  I've posted on AV forums, but no one knows the answer there.

Any ideas?  I've done full resests on the smart hub, the tv and the home hub. It could be a faulty TV... 

Further questions, if it doesn't work with either wifi or an ethernet cable, would getting a new router (say the ASUS RT-N56U) help in any way for the TV to be seen properly, or is that purely to improve wireless signals?  My computer sees the TV as [TV]UE37ES6300, but the HH3 just shows this  udhcp 1.18.1-VD Linux VDLinux. 1C:5A:3E:7C:22:AF Connected.  IS that right?

Is HH3 the problem? Can i completely get rid of HH3 and buy an new modem or is that the only way to access BT Internet?  I want to upgrade to Inifinity when it arrives here in December as my internet speed at best is 13mbs, often only 5mbs, but regularly drops to 0.5mbs on busy nights.  Not much good for watching anything online... I'm only 600m from the exchange. Does that sound right?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Simple but a Netgear router that supports cable/fibre..... less stress for you..

Or, add netgear to network, but turn off DHCP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

ATFD,

If you are only 600m from the exchange, do you know whether you are connected via a cabinet or direct to the exchange ??  If it's the latter you won't be able to get Infinity even when it is available, that needs a cabinet connection.  You may as well find out before you get your hopes up !

0 Ratings