Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 3 - Various Questions

Go to solution

Hi all,

I've recently switched to BT broadband so that I can get Infinity.

I now have a Home Hub 3, and I've a couple of questions regarding configuration.

1. Why does HH always ask for my password? It seems to revert to a gobbledygook password, and insists that I re-enter my password every time. Is there any way to make it remember my password?

2. When I go to change the Advance Settings, all the sub-menu options appear in a very light grey font. On a white background they are illegible. Normally I use Firefox, but it's the same with Internet Explorer. How can I change these font colours?

Any advice would be most welcome.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 3 - Various Questions

Go to solution

If you can't change the font/colour you might be able to do this on FF

Options > content > Fonts & Colors > Advanced and Colors

and untick "Allow pages to choose their own fonts/colors"

(It's on the Internet Options > General tab on IE)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi pintosal and welcome

The hub will ask for the password to gain entry to the hub manager, assuming that's what you are doing?

My browser remembers my hub password which saves me the hassle of typing it in. May be your browser has retained an earlier password and it conflicting with the new one.

The hub will ask for the password again after some time - guess it's a security thing....:|

For the password issue:

Try removing any previously stored details for any routers/hubs from your Laptop(s)/PC(s)

Clear your cache etc. - CCleaner does the job very well, though some advise against using this type of software. I (plus many others on here) always use it without any issues

Factory reset the hub and try again

Regarding the font colour:

It should be black text with a grey background on a white page - if you're not seeing this, the reset should sort this

(note: I'm not on Infinity, but know some menus on the HH's are not available on the Infinity connection)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Followed the suggestions:

Firefox had a stored password for my old router which explains why I was always being prompted for a password.

Forcing font colours will allow me to see the submenus.

So, all queries now resolved.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
You might like to try Lastpass. This is a very good password manager. Probably a lot more secure than the FF one.
0 Ratings