Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulfurlong79
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 3 Vs BT2700HGV

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a burning question which is worrying me sick.

My home hub 3 has to be the most unstable router I have ever used. I bought a 2700HGV from ebay and its brand new and runs like a dream. My concern is that I am thinking of getting BT Vision only I have read that BT vision needs the hub to work as QOS is needed.

Can anyone advise if this is indeed the case. I plugged my HH3 back in the other day and its just so flaky and tempramental.

Plugged the 2700 back in and all is running smoothly. Does the HH3 take longer to settle and if so how long?

Can the 2700 run BT Vision or not?

So many questions. Could my HH3 be faulty?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 3 Vs BT2700HGV

Go to solution
In one word yes it works fine the 2700hgv is the better option
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

O dear dont feel sick, it will be fine honest, as John46 says, fine with 2700hvg.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

QOS (Quality of service) is just a method of setting some traffic to a lower priority so that pressing stuff is not delayed.

I would assume that without QOS the worse case effect if that any very large downloads may affect the video steams playback a little in which case you just need to do these downloads another time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings