Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 3 as slave router and DLNA / upnp problems

Hi All, 

I've bought a new Asus DSL-N55U router to replace my old HH3 and decided to use my HH3 as a slave router to try and improve Wifi reception to some parts of my house. As per instructions in other posts on here, my HH3 now has a static ip, dhcp server off, upnp off, firewall off, SSID and wpa key same as my main router.

My problem is that my PS3 can no longer see my NAS which runs as a DLNA server. If I do a connection test on my PS3 it says "not available" for upnp. If I switch my HH3 off, then my PS3 can see my NAS again, and the connection test succeeds at the upnp part of the test. I've rebooted my HH3, done a factory reset, and checked that upnp is set to off. Upnp is set to "on" on my ASUS router. PS3, NAS, HH3 are all connected to the Asus router via wired powerline ethernet connections.

Have I missed something obvious? Any suggestions welcome. Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 3 as slave router and DLNA / upnp problems

I wonder if the NAS has the same static IP as the slave hub, try logging into the save hub and change the IP address of it by 1 so if you have it set to 192.168.1.10, try changing it to 192.168.1.11

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Good thinking, but no, they're on different ip addresses. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Try enabling UPNP on the slave hub and see if that sorts it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Gave that a try but no luck. It's got me stumped.

0 Ratings