Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 3 - problems

Hello,

I have been using BT infinity for the past 3 odd years and have been happy with the speeds until recently.

For the past 2-3 months, I have noticed that my wireless connection keeps crawling after a point in time. From a healthy 35Mbs to a slow 5-10Mbps. A router reboot usually improves the connection, but I end up doing this 2-3 times a day, which doesn't sound right.

I have called customer service and they do all their checks and eventually it comes up to naught. An engineer visit did not identify any faults with the line and said the equipment is faulty.

I have requested a replacement HH but get stonewalled everytime. Anything that I can do to remedy  this situation?

All help appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 3 - problems

Have you tried a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. This was done during round 2 of the investigative checks with the BT helpdesk. No Joy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Is the problem only with the wireless or do the speeds drop on wired connections?

Have you tried selecting a different wireless channel. If you have a Windows wireless PC or laptop you can use a command prompt to scan for surrounding networks and what channel they are using.

Press Windows+R and type cmd. In the command prompt box type netsh wlan show all

This will show you the wireless channels that your Homehub/router is transmitting on as well as the surrounding networks. You want to take a note of the channels in use and change your Homehub onto a channel that is not being used. There are 13 channels to choose from.

See Link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wireless-channel-on-my-bt...

0 Ratings