cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outstanding
Message 1 of 6

I'm on Infinity 2.

Last night I had a power cut, upon getting power back I started my PC and loaded up FireFox, but for some reason the internet connection wouldn't start back up until I power cycled the modem, and when I went back to my PC I found a lot of the reloaded tabs were hijacked by the Home Hub 3 to its own page, http://bthomehub.home/html/hurl/800_auto_start.html which shows a page saying "Can't connect to broadband" and links to a series of troubleshooting steps.

Ten minutes later the power goes out again and afterwards had to power cycle the modem again, then I boot up my PC again and find that the tabs have been stuck on the Home Hub 3 troubleshooting page. A lot of the tabs I could simply press the back button to get to the previous page which would contain the link to what the tab was previously, but a fair amount didn't have the back button clickable and so could not restore the original page on those tabs.

How can I turn off that damned web page hijacking by the Home Hub 3 so this doesn't happen again?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

@Outstanding wrote:

I'm on Infinity 2.

Last night I had a power cut, upon getting power back I started my PC and loaded up FireFox, but for some reason the internet connection wouldn't start back up until I power cycled the modem, and when I went back to my PC I found a lot of the reloaded tabs were hijacked by the Home Hub 3 to its own page, http://bthomehub.home/html/hurl/800_auto_start.html which shows a page saying "Can't connect to broadband" and links to a series of troubleshooting steps.

Ten minutes later the power goes out again and afterwards had to power cycle the modem again, then I boot up my PC again and find that the tabs have been stuck on the Home Hub 3 troubleshooting page. A lot of the tabs I could simply press the back button to get to the previous page which would contain the link to what the tab was previously, but a fair amount didn't have the back button clickable and so could not restore the original page on those tabs.

How can I turn off that damned web page hijacking by the Home Hub 3 so this doesn't happen again?

Welcome to the forums.

Simple answer = you can't:(

Should it go again, it's best to open a new tab and let this tab give you the error page (the one with the blue power light, a flashing BB light and a blue wireless light).

All other tabs should just sit there with the last page opened.....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 6

Really irritating isn't it.

I think the only way is to buy a different router.

(Even worse are the Adobe pages which hijack themselves when their own internal things are wrong, as they often seem to be with the Adobe servers.)

0 Ratings
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

"Ten minutes later the power goes out again and afterwards had to power cycle the modem again, then I boot up my PC again and find that the tabs have been stuck on the Home Hub 3 troubleshooting page. A lot of the tabs I could simply press the back button to get to the previous page which would contain the link to what the tab was previously, but a fair amount didn't have the back button clickable and so could not restore the original page on those tabs.

How can I turn off that damned web page hijacking by the Home Hub 3 so this doesn't happen again?"

It maybe that your pc \ lappie has cached the pages.

I dont know if this works but I'd try leaving the HH3 disconnected from the mains and modem for 10 - 15 minutes while at the same time, clear your pc \ lappie's recent browsing history.

Re boot your pc \ lappie then reconnect the HH3 to the main and modem and see if that has cured your problem.

DONT disconnect the modem from the mains.
0 Ratings
Outstanding
Message 5 of 6

So the page hijacking can't be turned off? That truly sucks, I know they did that to alert the end user that there's no internet connection but it screws things up, I've never had to deal with a router that pulls this stunt.

I always leave routers switched on 24/7 but I only power cycled the modem because it had already lost power from the power cut and I then I waited an age for it to reconnect and pressing the connect button on the HH3 main page did nothing, then after power cycling it connected to the internet within seconds.

FireFox remembers all open tabs and windows when closed, so when I booted back up and the tabs+windows reloaded whilst the internet wasn't connected (I didn't know that at the time) almost all the tabs were hijacked by the HH3 router doing it's 'hand holding' thing to let the end user know there's no internet connection.

Looks like a new router is on the horizon then because I'm not putting up with the hijacking **bleep** - any suggestions?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Have a look around these forums for ideas on replacements.

Here's one thread to get you going - http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/List-of-Routers-to-replace-Home-Hub-3/m-p/298203#M15386

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings