cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 3: wired Ethernet device connection issues

For some reason the message body was empty when I posted!  I'll try again...

I'm having issues connecting some devices to the Home Hub 3 via wired ethernet.

With my Home Hub 1 (which I've had to revert to) I have no issues with connecting my QNAP NAS box and Belkin powerline networking device.  When swapping out the HH1 with the HH3 no connection is made.

The event log simply has loads of "Lease requested" entries (spaced about 4 min apart).  When I connect a macbook pro via wired ethernet it's ok and I get a "Lease requested" shortly followed by a IP address assignment.

The other wierd thing is that if I swap the connection to the 2nd Ethernet port on the QNAP NAS an IP address is given, but there's some DNS issue and I can only access the NAS by IP address.

I'm guessing the wired networking hasn't been fully tested, with the emphasis on wifi - which works well!

Any ideas would be much appreciated - else I'll have to dump the HH3 and go with something that works as a wired router...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 3: wired Ethernet device connection issues

as a test I've discovered something strange... The QNAP 419 has two ethernet connections. For fun i plugged them both into the HH3... oddly connection 2 seems to work ok at the moment and i'm assigned an IP address (I had to change the default DHCP range to 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.253 ). According to the QNAP connection 1 is also assigned an IP address but it's 169.254.100.100!!! Have no idea where it's got that from! The HH3 does not show the 2nd connection at all...
0 Ratings
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

another interesting demo of the wierdness of the HH3, the HH1 can tell me that my PC is connected even though it's connected via the Belkin powerline HD ethernet devices. It even tells me what IP address it's assigned.

The Home Hub 3 now issues an IP address to the PC via the Belkin stuff, since changing the DHCP range (not completely sure that's related though), but the HH3 GUI doesn't show any information at all - not even in the logs!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Sorry, I take that back.... it does see the PC but not the Belkin powerline HD so at least that makes sense!

0 Ratings