Go to solution
Hi Cupid did you set up the tp link as an access point or repeater
0 Ratings
cynergy
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Re: Home Hub 3 wireless repeater compatibility

Go to solution

I am totally perplexed!  I click on 'solution' and I can't understand what the solution is.  Why can't somebody just come back and say - X repeater works with BTHome Hub 3 or 4.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution
cynergy
Beginner
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

Hi EVERYBODY! Why oh why does not somebody say - the best Repeater to use with HH3 or 4 is a BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 600 and why oh why is it so difficult to find the said item on the BT site!  I have tried and failed to set up 2 other devices and after searching Amazon/Ebay I found BT have one but you can only find it on their web site if you key in the above BOLD id. It really is as it says on the 'easy set-up'  - plug it in, switch it on, press the WAP button on both the router and the repeater, wait a couples of minute (about 45 secs in reality), and, hey presto they are connected. Move repeater to point mid way between router and where you want the 'repeated' signal to get to, wait for it to tell you it's a good position (move it one way or another if the signal is either still too close or too far away), and, then use your lap top/ tablet/ TV or whatever.....and enjoy the connection! Simples!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

They have only recently been introduced, so are unlikely to show up on a web search.

They use the correct IP subnet which matches the home hub, which is why so many people have issues with other devices.

I have added a page to my website, which has some notes relating to the BT products, which may be helpful.

BT Connected Home Range of devices to extend broadband and boost wireless range

ChrisSheldrake
Beginner
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Broadly on this subject, I have been having endless problems with wireless reception on a BT Business Hub 3.0 on infinity which is used for leisure and our small business run from home. Using an iPad I have established that a wired repeater positioned in the centre of the house would give good coverage everywhere. Unfortunately our Netgear WN2000RPT can't get a good enough wireless signal in that area to do the job.

As we have two operational BT Business Hub 3.0 units I've been trying to set them up as master and slave routers using the very detailed instructions posted by DS. However I can't seem to set up the second router ( designated HH3b ) using his instructions.

I assume the intention is to connect HH3b direct to the computer with a network cable to one of the output ports on the router, not the red infinity port and that HH3b is not to be connected to the Internet during the setup procedure.

I am using a modern Lenovo laptop and have disabled the wireless adapter as instructed but the computer won't connect to the setup page for the HH3b.

I may be misreading tthe instructions by DS so can someone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

I am not sure it will work with business hubs, as they have a different configuration. Business users like yourself, have static IP addresses, and the internal software may be different.

This forum is primarily for residential users, but it may be worth postin on the business users forum as well, although I doubt that business users would bother with this arrangement.

http://business.forums.bt.com/

The BT marketed products should work fine.

0 Ratings
ChrisSheldrake
Beginner
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

Thank for your repy

Problem is I couldn't get far enough through the configuration process to check out whether it would work at all !

I can't see any reason why I couldn't reach the setup page of the Hub 3 to configure it using the same instructions.

The set up page is identical to the residential version when you are connected online but it wouldn't work using a network cable attached between the laptop and the Hub.

0 Ratings
cynergy
Beginner
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Hi Keith (and everyone who read these communications) May I clarify your comment relating to loss of signal with wireless repeaters. My normal speed is (a pathetic) 2.5mbps and the repeater feeds 2.35mbps into my Nexus 7.  So whilst there is a loss it ain't too much to shout about.  I am so pleased with my purchase, and, I now have my Panasonic TV internet connection without picture stall (or whatever the turning circle in the middle of the screen is called). With reference to the kit that uses the wiring system in the home - thats alright if you don't have a dual circuit eletrical system....if you do that kit does not work. May I repeat (no pun intended!) if you want to extend your signal range then the BT Wi-Fi Repeater 600 IS the one to buy!  Best regards, Cynergy

0 Ratings
rayneal
Beginner
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution
Keith I have a bt bb line, btinternet email and am registered on Bt community but can tget to your link about home hub 3 use as a repeter. Keep getting 'Sorry - You must be connected to BT Broadband or the BT network to use this website.
This is a private website for the benefit of BT Broadband customers who use the
BT Customer Support Community
website, and is not connected with BT.

If you are visiting this site from a BT Broadband or BT Corporate connection, and are getting this message,
then please contact me via the BT Community forum, and tell me the date and time of your attempt.
Thanks
Keith Beddoe'
Can you help