cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GSB1
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Home Hub 3A recent upgrade breaks port forward & DMZ

So with the latest firmware which is being rolled out, with port forwarding configured normally, does BAT loopback work or not?

0 Ratings
Al-Boy
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Re: HomeHub3 pushed Firmware upgrade broke my Port Forwards.

The same thing has just happened to me after my hub upgrading its firmware to 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11.

No port forwarding working at all as well as DMZ.

Called BT - who claimed to have never of heard of the problem!!

Very frustrating situation - has anyone managed to solve this issue yet?

0 Ratings
TOC
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

Re: Home Hub 3A recent upgrade breaks port forward & DMZ

Thanks pgregg.  My mother's hub stopped working at the end of November.  Because of the distance, I only just got here to investigate.  The loopback fix had broken the workaround just as you suggested.  Fixing it took seconds.  Loopback works too.  Thanks again.

0 Ratings
shazjag
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

i have the same problem with my hub, thought it may of broke so put another brand new one in, all worked fine until it updated later that evening. argh!

Any chance you could give me an idiots version of what you have posted??? i use a dyns service for a cctv system at home so i think your solution should work but i am too dumb to work it out any chance of some help? thanks in advance

0 Ratings
jstranger
Beginner
Message 15 of 18

Have only just found these forums so apols if I am going over old ground but there are so many posts relating to port forwarding and loopback that it is very difficult to find the current status.

I have had several Hub 2 and Hub 3 for some time and have always been able to do port forwarding AND be able to access my externally visible URLs from within my home network. Yesterday an engineer gave me a new Hub 3 - it appears that it is a Type A with a firmware version of 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3. Having set up exactly the same port frwarding as previously, I can access my externally-visible URLs from outside my network but not from inside. And there are suggestions on this forum that at any time I may get a firmware upgrade which will wreck external visibility as well!

I would be grateful if someone could summarise the current position and any workarounds.

regards

Jon

0 Ratings
Love_iTT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

I am getting so fed up with this scenario, I spent ages last night and the previous night trying to get this to work. My CCTV was working fine but has been offline for a few months now, I wasn't too bothered initially but as I'm going on holiday soon then I want this to work so that I can view remotely. I have read so many posts on here and it seems that it's virtually impossible to get a home hub 3 type A to work with port forwarding.

As this seems to be a home hub issue then I assume if I bought a different router which had port forwarding features then my problems wouls be solved - I really can't build up any energy to pick the phone up tonight and talk to the first line BT tech people in a far off land for 45 minutes with the knowledge that at the end of the conversation the problem would still be there. So my plan of attack is to dump the BT HH 3 router for another make - would this work or is it a deeper problem than this?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

you may get some help from this linkhttp://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/portforward.html
0 Ratings
Love_iTT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Thanks John but I have just bought a Billion BiPAC 7800DXL router with delivery for tomorrow, I'll come back and let you know how I get on but thanks anyway.

0 Ratings