cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 27

Re: Home Hub 4 Lights & Broadband activation

Yes its cycling round from ethernet to wireless when the first doesnt work it tries the second so it isnt seeing a broadband connection and you have got the front cover off the main socket and are using the test socket which has dial tone to operate your landline phone. What does Windows say about it when you click on the internet icon and open Network and Sharing centre.? Does it show both wi-fi aqnd cable as not connected and have you tried using the Windows repair facility that you will see on your left and below -to set  up  a connection. Try using it and see what you get. Click on eithert wireless network or LAC to see if the right boxes are ticked it will tell you if connected or not and go into properties  and see if -Connect automatically box is ticked ipv4 should show internet ipv6 no connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 27

Hi Steinman,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Sorry to see you're having problems.  I can help sort everything out from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Thanks RobbieMac I've PM'd you. For others - my pc picks up the HH4 thru Ethernet. However HH4 does not pick up broadband & using the HH manager it tells me that I'm disconnected from Internet. HH Lights continue as described. And I didn't get a promised call back from Level 2 faults as promised this aftn. Very bad PR. Could have at least rung me to say "nothing happening". So, I'm another day down & no sign of a date for an engineer.

HH4's "fix-it" tells me that I need to call the Helpline. Hmmmmm...... Hopefully the mod can kindly sort things out asap.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 27

did you complete the mods contact form as sending a PM is not the correct method and it may be some considerable time before RobbieMac is back on duty there fore delaying your reply as the contact form goes into the mod teams mail queue and is dealt with by the first available mod
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 27

If your PC recognises the HH 4 then in the network and sharing centre on your PC  you should see --this computer[name] a line and then HH 4 official number and then a line with an X in the middle for no connection. Below you should see=connect to a network. If you click on that it will try to connect . If it does not then click =troubleshoot problems and Windows will test its ability to reach the internet and try to solve the problem . If it cant it will tell you  what the problem is. And maybe while you are waiting for the Moderator you could try to remedy what it tells you. That is only the basic . You could go intio properties and other boxes to see if they are ticked or if HH 4 is showing what it lacks to get to the internet = click on  LAN and check  and click on wireless and check. You can go deeper but try that . you have nothing to lose.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Ok. Update thru mobile. I was unable to get to forum yday, so rung BT Complaints. Within 10min an engr was booked/confirmed Mon pm ! Now why cant helpline (cough cough) do that? They let bt down big time. Thx for all replies on here.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 27

@Steinman wrote:
Ok. Update thru mobile. I was unable to get to forum yday, so rung BT Complaints. Within 10min an engr was booked/confirmed Mon pm ! Now why cant helpline (cough cough) do that? They let bt down big time. Thx for all replies on here.

You had better hope that its not a problem with your setup, otherwise you could end up being charged for the callout.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 27

Keith--"You hit the nail on the head"- Thats why I was trying to get him to try a few things. They were simple things that he could check . Before going into command lines etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 27

The set up is fine. With respect to everyone I am capable to set up pc/broadband. Although I've never used a HH4 before. It's the very bad customer service from the helpline that I find most obnoxious. If I'm told that I'll be called back I expect to have a call back. That happened twice. That is not acceptable. If it was any other service - say power company I'd say stuff the service & I'd go somewhere else. If when out shopping in Tesco (say) I got very bad customer service (twice) I'd shop somewhere else. Where I am there's no Virgin available & EE not 4G so I'm stuck with BT broadband. And because I'm on a "weird" exchange that's not LLu'd I can't get any other provider down the BT Openreach lines. I'm only able to get standard copper Bband & then only around 5Meg. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 20 of 27

You are not the only one on "standard copper" -So am I .  The weird exchange intrigues me . Has it not been digitised? Is it earlier equipment? I thought we all were working on digital exchanges -From system X onwards.  Have you checked what type of exchange it is?

0 Ratings