I'm having the same problem. Was streaming via WIFI to Samsung series 5 using HH3. Been rock solid for almost a year, not a single problem. Have a Buffalo Linkstation as the server, connected via a 4 port gigabit hub to the HH gigabit port.
"Upgraded" to the HH4. Now the wireless signal has dropped quite a bit, but managed to work around this with some careful HH4 positioning. The DLNA though is very unreliable. When I first turn the TV on, it will find the server and allow me to play things (videos mainly). However, almost like clockwork after 30 mins, playback stops and the Linkstation disappears from the server list. I also have some other PCs connected to the network which have their DLNA servers turned on and they too disappear. All of the DLNA activity on the network just seems to stop.
So far I have tried setting static IP addresses for everything and messed around with a few wireless settings (removed the smart wireless setting etc) but no luck. The HH is the only thing in the setup I have changed. Tonight I am going to refit the HH3 and see if it works again. If it does, I think I will just ask for my money back as so far the HH4 seems to be more of a downgrade than anything else and I bought it for "the most reliable wireless connection yet"
Plugged the HH3 back in this morning. Didn't touch any settings. Fired up the Samsung and left it running playing a bunch of 720P concerrts. 5 Hours later it is still playing through them, no buffering and certainly no disconnects or complete loss of all DLNA devices.
Looks like this is a HH4 problem.
To double check, I will leave it running for a few more hours, then I will put the HH4 back in. I will also try disabling 5ghz wireless to see if this is making any difference, as the HH3 does not have. I may even try a powerline adaptor to see if the problem is isolated to just the wireless.
Yes BT are aware of this, now, after having had loads of very lengthy conversations with varying members of BT support staff over the last two weeks (so glad they are all freephone numbers). Bill in UK Tech Support is now looking into this but it would be helpful if more people with this issue could phone UK Tech Support to complain as I get the impression that they don't always look at these forums. That way they may realise that it is not just me who is having this problem. Bill initially kept telling me it must be a problem with my Blu Ray and TV settings (I am using Blu Ray as Server and Smart TV watches Blu Ray content). To discount this I had a lengthy telephone conversation with a very helpful Panasonic Tech support who confirmed to me that all my settings were correct and that it must be the HH4/OpenReach Modem that is causing a problem. I conveyed this to Bill and he confirmed he is going to have to look again into this as cannot understand what is happening (or not to be the case). I also plugged back in my Orange Livebox of 12 years old, and re-assigned the Blu Ray and TV to this by wi-fi and hey ho the TV could see the contents of my Blu Ray again. The only downside of doing this is that I cannot access internet/i-player on the TV so this is not a permament option for me. I feel aggrieved that I have the DLNA technology which I can no longer use to its full potential.
Hi thanks for starting this thread.
I'm a new customer to BT - just swapped over from O2 due to them being bought out by BSkyB...
Have setup my HomeHub 4 and have have Plex running on a Centos server using both wifi and homeplug networking connection.
I have a PS3 connected via homeplug and this always picked up the Plex DLNA media server previously - however since using the HH4 I can not get it to work although iPad, iPhone, laptop etc... all able to get it via wifi.
I have modified the settings on the HH4 but I am hitting a brick wall with getting this to work with the PS3 - which kinda sucks, as this is the way I stream my media to the TV.