Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 54

Re: Home Hub 4 and DLNA

mellycoop,

"I have been told by Tech guys at BT that Hub4 is NOT DLNA compatible" - That seems at odds to what the BT Mod said - http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Home-Hub-4-and-DLNA/m-p/937572#M58544 earlier in this thread. Somethings afoot one way or t'other.

"people need to email BT for the matter to get noticed" - Is there a link to email specifically? or just the usual tech support link?

It does seem odd that some folk seem to get it working OK, others (like myself) partially/mostly successful, and some people can't get it going at all. It would be nice to find the reasons why people experiences are so different for the same hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 32 of 54

I was having some issues but managed to resolve them by manually redoing the network settings on my PS3.

Only thing that looks like it changed was the device name which was defaulted to PS3(MAC address) before and PS3 afterwards. Worth a try.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 54

Scratch that. Same setup won't play ball today. Nothing at all has changed, ps3 is now unable to see the server.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 34 of 54

Hi. I spoke to BT today and asked to return the Home Hub 4.0. I explained the issue, but to be fair I'm not sure the poor girl understood what I was talking about and I can't say that I blame her!

Anyway, I was told a return would be possible which I am happy with and I'm going to stick with the Home Hub 3.0. I might even just buy that Buffalo 5ghz add-on thing for it instead.

Si

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 54

Does the HH3 definitely work with DLNA as BT have offered me one of these to try instead of the HH4?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 54

It should work. take it and try. Don't send HH4 back until you are happy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 54

I have reset all my TVs and Blu Ray back to factory settings and then re-connected to BT internet but still doesn't work. Maybe DeanM could do a bit more research on this and give us another solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 38 of 54

Hmm, my LG Blu-ray player won't connect via wifi now - always used to with HH2, no errors no need to do ANY setting up, it just connected! Methink we're going back to HH3??
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 54

If you are connecting by wireless you will need to enter the wireless key found on the Homehub label into the Blu ray player other wise it won't connect to the homehub

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 54

Hmm, I think we are slightly beyond such simple errors!! So no star for you.
My Tv is wired and the Blu-ray is wireless, they both have problems connecting. The blu-ray sometimes connects to the hub but not beyond . . . work in progress but it is definitely the HH4 as all these bits of kit worked seamlessly with HH2. I sent my HH2 back to be recycled . . . mistake I think . . . will BT send me a HH3?? Has anyone else been successful in getting a HH3 sent out as a replacement?
0 Ratings