Re: Home Hub 4 and DLNA

If BT won't send you a HH3 there are plenty on eBay for very little money
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 42 of 54

Message to Mods:

BT Home Hub 4 doesn't do DLNA. Can you get the boffins to work on a firmware update to remedy this? It worked just fine with HH3 so there are quite a few unhappy customers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 54

@ProfZarkov wrote:
Hmm, I think we are slightly beyond such simple errors!! So no star for you.
My Tv is wired and the Blu-ray is wireless, they both have problems connecting. The blu-ray sometimes connects to the hub but not beyond . . . work in progress but it is definitely the HH4 as all these bits of kit worked seamlessly with HH2. I sent my HH2 back to be recycled . . . mistake I think . . . will BT send me a HH3?? Has anyone else been successful in getting a HH3 sent out as a replacement?

Can you please tell me how your Blu ray can connect wirelessly to yourhomehub without you having to enter the wireless passkey for the homehub. As far as I am aware all wireless devices need to use the paskey for security reasons other wise any device could connect to your homehub and your private network. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 44 of 54

Just a quick reply - I noticed the hub had called the Blu-Ray player some strange name plus it's MAC address - changing the name to sommit sensible enabled it to connect. Let's see if this works next time . .
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 45 of 54

Of course I entered the passkey
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 54

ProfZarkov wrote:
Hmm, my LG Blu-ray player won't connect via wifi now - always used to with HH2, no errors no need to do ANY setting up, it just connected! Methink we're going back to HH3??

Hmm, I think we are slightly beyond such simple errors!! So no star for you.
My Tv is wired and the Blu-ray is wireless, they both have problems connecting. The blu-ray sometimes connects to the hub but not beyond . . . work in progress but it is definitely the HH4 as all these bits of kit worked seamlessly with HH2. I sent my HH2 back to be recycled . . . mistake I think . . . will BT send me a HH3?? Has anyone else been successful in getting a HH3 sent out as a replacement?

So why the "smart" answer when I suggested it. You wrote that your blu ray won't connect via wifi, always used to with HH2 no need to do ANY setting up. Clearly that was not the case if you had to enter the passkey.

It is also a common error even by those who feel they are "beyond such simple errors".

Perhaps if you had phrased your problem differently such as bluray connected to homehub but can not connect to or see other devices or what ever the problem is/was then I would not have suggested it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 54

I have given up with HH4 

Put BT settings into my old cheap as chips TP-Link router and everything works perfectly.

DLNA restored.

Not only that, the wireless strength is better too.

So my advice is, if you want DLNA, get another router, until BT pull their finger out and produce a router that has no issues and is of the quality that is required by BT subscribers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 54

So are there multiple versions of the Homehub 3?

I had very similiar issues when I got the Homehub 2 infinity version and all my DLNA stuff stopped working.

This was after moving from a cheapo netgear router that functioned flawlessly.

Its odd that they seem to have fixed it in version 3 of the Homehub and then managed to break it again in version 4.

From all the cack I have read about Homehubs and DLNA support here is what I have observed.

Some versions of Homehub 1 supported DLNA, Homehub 2 no support, Homehub 3 supported and Homehub 4 not supported.

Well done BT looks like the firmware development teams aren't allowed to speak to one another.

Should get them a subscription to this forum and make it part of their job description to read it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 49 of 54

My own experience is that apart from DLNA not working with the HH4, the wireless signal strength isn't as good as the HH3 either. Perhaps I should ditch the Home Hubs altogether and purchase another modem/router altogether. Any suggestions?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 54

Re: Does the Home Hub support DLNA working?

Dean M

Could you please look at my previous emails and give me an answer.

I have also, since previous emails to you, changed the name of my Blu Ray player on the HH4 to something simple but alas it still does not work.  How many emails/forum comments will it take for BT to realise that the HH4 DOES NOT work with DLNA.

As specified in my previous email, I would be happy to assist in testing out any Hubs for the DLNA purpose.  It would be good to get this working as you can see from the forums that more and more people are now finding this problem and all getting very frustrated by it.

Thank you, Mel.

0 Ratings