cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 51 of 54

Re: Does the Home Hub support DLNA working?

Quick update.

Most of my boxes now work . . . sort of with HH4.

They seem to take a little while to log in or whatever.

I also checked the names that HH4 was giving them and changed them to sommit simple.

I also ticked the box to keep the IP address the same.

It's still a bit iffy and completely different to HH2 which was seamless . . .

Maybe some firmware update will help . . . vamos a ver

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 52 of 54

Re: Does the Home Hub support DLNA working?

Sorry to dig this up without being able to shed any new insights but I thought I'd share my situation:

Had dropouts etc. with HH3 so BT suggested HH4 - thought it couldn't hurt but sadly have not been impressed, DLNA or not.

Currently trying to work around some of the wi-fi issues with homeplugs. I had been blaming these for not being able to get Plex visible on my PS3 however I have ruled them out as the issue by plugging Server into homeplug then homeplug into PS3 - manual IP settings etc. got Plex to show up.

As soon as I introduce the HH4 into that setup, there's no sign of the media servers on the PS3. What perplexes me however is that they do show up if I connect the PS3 to the HH4 wirelessly. I really don't know enough about this to figure out what Wireless does differently to Wired but I've tried everything I can find online!

Signs are pointing to the HH4 being a bit of a mess when it comes to DLNA and having forked up money for it as a 'solution' after the HH3 disappointed, I can't help but feel aggrieved!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 53 of 54

Re: Home Hub 4 and DLNA

Got my home hub 4 the other day, turned on my PS3 just now and found I couldn't see my dlna hdd, so I turned off the smart setup, as my dlna hdd can't type in log in details, restarted everything, so far so good, everything's working fine.

Just thought this might help.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 54 of 54

Re: Home Hub 4 and DLNA

I have switched off smart setup and i still cannot see the NAS from the PS3. Is anyone still having the same problems? Anything else i can try? Any help appreciated, otherwise I will have to revert to my sky router.

0 Ratings