cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Home Hub 4: current time is always "retrieving..."

I use the BT Access Control feature to control access to WiFi on a timed basis.  Just recently, this has stopped working, with access being barred to all listed devices at all times, regardless of what time ranges are specified.  

I think it is probably because the Home Hub 4 doesn't know what time it is, and therefore just adopts the cautious approach of barring any listed devices at all times.  This is because the "current time" is always shown as "retrieving..." as per the following screenshot:

20170612_073822.png

How do I fix this?  I've tried rebooting, to no avail.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Home Hub 4: current time is always "retrieving..."

Check this thread I think your probably having this problem due to this
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/NTP-synchronisation-Failure-HHB5B/td-p/1753...
0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Sounds plausible.  Any ideas why this is happening, and how to fix it?

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

Don't think there's anything that we can do it's to do with BT's NTP synchronisation which updates the time etc it obviously not working, just another problem to get sorted 🙄
0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

OK.  Maybe the mods here can apply some pressure?

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Any decent router should allow setting alternate time server address.  Search in Network settings, (or what ever the Hub calls it - I don't us a Hub so can't be more explicit).

Do a search for NTP servers to obtain alternates.

0 Ratings
hilltophouse
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

tried all that and no luck - been through BT live chat and yesterday they didnt have a clue of what I was on about. Tried again today and the bloke was a bit more switched on but still no fix and no way of manually resetting the time. There are a number of us suffering. It seems to have started yesterday. We all need to make a nuisance of our selves until they fix it - must be their end. Im only with BT for the access controls as otherwise it is pretty patchy so Im going to seriously upset if i have to go back to taking the router to work and bed with me to manage the teenagers!

0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Yes!  Otherwise the teenagers will be unmanageable!

0 Ratings
keb17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

exactly the same problem with Hub 5. Just started in the last few days - cannot retrieve time.

BT helpline have no idea what to do apart from suggest calling the premium rate number. 

I have installed a brand new hub 5 and have the exact same problem so clearly a BT synchronisation fault somewhere...

0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

0 Ratings