cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Home Hub 4

My Home Hub 4 has started to play up.   The blue light is on but no device will connect - although they say they are connected.  Even using ethernet cable no connection.  Tech support have changed the channels and done various other things.  It will start working again and then will go down again within 24 hours.   Rebooting starts it working again but will then play up again.  Intermittent fault.  Very frustrating.  Is the hub faulty.  I bought it in August 2014.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Home Hub 4

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Pressed reset button with paper clip.   Light went orange then lights settled back to blue.   Devices didn't go through Smart Set Up in fact computer connected just the same.   So did the reset work.  Also with this Hub the Restart button on the top of the hub has never worked.  Press it nothing happens.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Did you keep it pressed for at least 20 seconds, otherwise it probably does a soft reset?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Yes I kept it pressed for 30 secs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

that sounds like a normal reset not factory reset which would take you back as if hh4 had just come out the box

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Just pressed it again for 30 secs.  Same results.  Hub light changes from blue to orange, then green and then back to blue and computer connects without Smart Set up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Is there a factory reset option on the home hub menu? I have a HH1, and there is an option to do that.

If all else fails, I would say you have a faulty HH4.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

How would I access Home Hub menu?   If the Hub is faulty who do I phone to get it fixed and how do I convince them it is a faulty hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

enter into address bar 192.168.1.254  you would need to phoen customer services 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings