cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 21

Home Hub 4

Go to solution
I'm an existing BT Infinity 2 customer, when will I they upgrade my hub.
I trust existing customers won't be overlooked.
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Home Hub 4

Go to solution

Existing customers can buy one for 35 quid or if you are out of contract you can upgrade with a new contract and get one for free, but you can't just renew and get one.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

from other posts existing customers only appear to get a new hub if upgrading not just renewing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution
thanks
--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

You won't get a HH4 unless you upgrade your Infinity package or re-contract. You can buy the HH4 if want

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=36119#tab3

See this post for more info.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Re-contract-on-the-1st-June-for-Free-BT-Home-Hub-4/td-p/87...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution
That's just not fair, once your a customer they have no interest you, I feel I'm subsidising BT sports which I have no interest.
Fibre optic is available from other providers now, and cheaper.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution
If you move to a new supplier, they will probably give you whatever router they supply for free but it won't be a Hub 4. When that new contract expires you can move back to BT and get the latest Hub then.
--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Is there a problem with your present Homehub or is it working doing everything as expected of it. If so why do you need the "upgrade"?

What is unfair about it. I don't think it would be practicable for any company to supply all its customers with the most up to date product everytime they bring out a new one. Do telephone companies do this for free or do you have to recontract or pay for an upgrade?

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

Is there a problem with your present Homehub or is it working doing everything as expected of it. If so why do you need the "upgrade"?

What is unfair about it. I don't think it would be practicable for any company to supply all its customers with the most up to date product everytime they bring out a new one. Do telephone companies do this for free or do you have to recontract or pay for an upgrade?

it is if they say in their advert you'll get the most upto date home hub, the HH3 isn't their most up to date, is it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Read the small print i under legal stuff.

"BT Home Hub 4 is included with all Unlimited Broadband or BT Infinity broadband packages (except if you have already been provided with a Home Hub or Router) and a £6.95delivery charge applies. If you stop your service in the first year we'll charge you £55 towards the cost of the BT Home Hub".