Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Home Hub 4

Hi Folks

I have tried to change the SSID and Wireless Key. The changes work OK for the 2.4Gb but there is no change to the 5Gb setup. Is ther any way to change the 5Gb settings?

Thnks

John

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Home Hub 4

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I had been through that route - there is no setting for the 5Gb channel! You can change the SSID and key BUT it only changes the 2.4Gb settings. There is no access to the 5Gb section of the router. The "snip" shows what I see.

JohnBT 5Gb.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

I don't know why following the link does not work for you.

I can only suggest that you carry out a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin in to the recess on the rear for about 20 seconds. This will restore the hubs configuration settings. Once restarted then try again following the guide to the letter.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Hi

Tried that and it has made no difference. The advanced wireless settings page is exactly the same. Smiley Sad

The software is as follows -

BT Home Hub 4 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.10 | Last updated 08/08/13

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

I don't have a HH4 to check out how to do it so I can't offer any further help. I'm sure somebody else will be along to help you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Hi

Thank you for your interest!

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Hi

In wireless 5 GHZ you need to change the sync with 2.4 GHZ click from YES to NO then will give you the Wireless SIDD to change and also the password

Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 19

The snapshot shown in the OP looks like the 2.4G config page, not the 5G config page. If you access the 5G page (via the Advanced menu ... on my browser the 5GHz link is white text on a pale background, so hard to see) then the option Maggie mentions can be found, and thus the option to change the SSID.

I know it works, because I did it myself.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Hi Maggie06

Thanks for that. I cannot find any mention of sync in the setup pages. Perhaps it is on the one that is not available to me?

John

0 Ratings