Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Home Hub 4

Hi

This is most odd. The "snip" I sent did not show the whole screen. This one shows a series of vertical lines at the top, under the horizontal menu. Left clicking on these lines brought up the page that Maggie06 was referring to. That is all I can find at the moment! I will click on the sync button and see what happens!

JohnSettings.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Hi

Well, I can "see" the 5Gb network but there is no title ie You guess. It is obviously the 5Gb because it shows Channel 40 and Security as WPA2 only. So yes, I can now change the 5Gb SSID and Key but all by guesswork.

Not very professional?

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 19

Chances are you're using an ad blocker. If you click its icon you should be able to disable it for the page, or preferably the whole hub site. (If your blocker doesn't have those options you should still be able to turn it off temporarily.)

As you've found, the buttons still work but require a bit of guesswork with the blocker on!

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Hi John 

So glad it is now sorted sorry did not explain myself more clearly 

Maggie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 19

Maggie06 wrote:

So glad it is now sorted sorry did not explain myself more clearly

You explained it very clearly, but if you can't see the buttons ...

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Hi

Sorry I assume all could see the buttons as mine has been very clear

Just made an ass of myself eh?

Maggie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 19

Maggie06 wrote:

Sorry I assume all could see the buttons as mine has been very clear

Just made an ass of myself eh?

The majority of people would have been able to see exactly what you meant; it just so happens that the original poster seems to have an add-on that has an unexpected side-effect. You were being very helpful, not making an ass of yourself.

--
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Hi potyperson et al

You have "hit the nail on the head". I use Firefox and have Adblock Plus due to being bombarded with adverts in Google Mail. I stopped it from protecting this site and there were the correct headings! What a relief. So I must apologise for the unprofessional statement. It was ME. Ah well, all's well that ends well Smiley Happy

Thanks to all who have contributed to my problem and hope it helps others.

Best Wishes

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 19 of 19

I use Chrome with Adblock Plus, so see the same issue. Disabling it for the HH interface makes the links properly-styled. 🙂

I would never have thought about ABP affecting the HH page styles!

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings