Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikey2000
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 5 Activity logging?

Hi,

I have a home hub 5 and Infinity 2.  Is it possible to get an activity log for each/any device connected to the household wifi?

I had an idea I could use such a log to keep an eye on our children's web activity

The sort of thing I'd like is (Eg:)

Device:  Apple_iPad_01

Sites visited:

www.bbc.co.uk - 1 time

www.minecraft.co.uk - 2 times

www.homework.com - 16 times

(etc)

Device:  Dads_Laptop

Sites Visited:

www.bt.com - 7 times

www.netflix.com - 3 times

www.boring_pay_the_bills.com - uncountable

(etc)

That would be a very useful feature.  I can't see it anywhere on the hub admin tool though.  All I can find is the "event log" which seems more concerned with firewall events.

Is there a way to monitor wifi usage on a home hub 5?

thanks

Michael

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 5 Activity logging?

I doubt there are any routers that do that, let alone something as basic as a Home Hub.

0 Ratings
mikey2000
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Windows 10 pcs on the network email me a weekly report showing what each microsoft account has been up to, so it can't be that hard.

It would be a useful feature, I'm sure.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you email GCHQ they might release all the information to you Smiley Wink

Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

If you really must snoop on your network devices in more or less Real Time then have a look at a program called Fiddler.

To quote them:- "Fiddler is a web debugging tool that captures HTTP traffic between chosen computers and the Internet."

Never used a Microsoft Account, I consider it a security/privacy issue, so no idea how effective the report is. When I installed Windows 10 all the tracking/phone home items were disabled.

So Fiddler may do more or less what you wanted. The routers memory would be used up quickly if it logged to that extent, at least it would be here with likely thousands of web requests daily.

Nice one, gg30340.

0 Ratings