Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 29

Re: Home Hub 5 Connected devices showing slow speed

I have a problem with your dslchecker results as it shows you are within 200m of the cab not 1 mile away.  yet when you signed up you only expected broadband with fibre as your estimated speed was only 15mb or less.  you are not even getting that speed now

I would suggest phoning customer services and get engineer visit 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 29

Well, phoned customer services yet again - have spent 2.5 hours in last 2 days with them. One said he couldn't run any tests as his pc wasn't working! His colleague rang off... next one very helpfull but once again started from the top of his script.

Bottom line, no engineer to be booked until 5 days of wired tests are complete - even then no guarantee will have to see results.

Hub has been on and off all evening with tests done still no problem they say see what 5 days show. In the meantime, still connecting at 3.1, bt wholesale checker says that is the maximum I can expect. Not what I signed up for, fed up with BT and customer services. There is a problem but nobody seemingly listening in call centre.

Very frustrated BT customer

PS Their mobile coverage sucks but thats for another forum...

Many thanks for listening to my rants, may I wish you all a very merry christmas, David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 29

What wholesale checker says you can only get 3.1mb

run the dslchecker again and see if it still shows estimate similar to before. Try with phone numb nd address and see if both very similar

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 29

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back but had to wait 5 days for line checks and then for an engineer.

To cut a very long story short, engineer came and checked everything and the bottom line is that a new cabinet has been installed 200 yards from our property but we are not connected to it. We are connected to one half a mile away. 

Our line checks are fine with no noise but we can only be connected at 3mbs on the old cabinet. The engineer told me that the only way we can get the fast speed that we are paying for is by being connected to the new cabinet which all our neighbours are now on with blistering fast speeds.

Unfortunately, he could not connect us but told me we would have to get in touch with India and ask for a cease of service and reconnect. Ok I said lets ring them now and tell them which I did and 40mins later....finally got someone to listen and log the problem. I am now stuck whilst they look into the matter further although I just want them to cut me off and reconnect then it's job done.

No idea on the time frame, very fed up with the very poor service that BT are giving me both on the phones and the speed issue. Atm I am paying throught the nose for a service that I am not getting.

Thanks for your patience, David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 29

There are many posts on moving cabinets and Openreach will not do it a cease will not change anything as you will still use the same cables for your new service as you have now
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

Hi

So where does that leave us?

We are getiing 3mbps despite being in possesion of a document that states that we will get between 13 to 19mbps!

We were getting that until the new cabinet was installed, then we lost it.

Surely somebody is in breach of contract.

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 29

I might add that the new cabinet was installed because so many people around us were complaining about the poor speeds. They were connected so we should be too.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 29

The installation of a new cabinet will not reduce the speed of another further away
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 29

I have just located this on an Openreach website here is the link http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/

There is another cabinet nearby that is already accepting orders, can I get fibre broadband from there instead?
No, the network over which fibre broadband is provided is bespoke, and all premises are served from dedicated fixed distribution points. Many lines are connected via their own overhead or underground link to a nearby green telephony cabinet. There are no interconnections that could be used to move a line from one cabinet to another.

I hope this clears up any confusion

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 29

The cabinet that we are connected to is ftc enabled yet we now only get as of tonight 2.5mbps. We were on 13mbps when first connected so clearly something is very wrong. We paid for that faster connection.
The engineer told me that he had found what the problem was and that was that we are connected to the wrong cabinet but he could not do anything without permission. This new cabinet takes its feed from the cabinet just up the road and is a brand new  ftc install to serve all our village after numerous complaints.
We are now on copper feed speeds that we were paying £25 a month all in last year with our last provider, we now pay £50 a month for infinity but do not get it. Only changed supplier because of BT's sales pitch.
The engineer who came out is the one telling me this, he is on the front line so should know what he is on about?

Bottom line - there is a problem I just want what I am paying for. We are not getting the service advertised so BT are in breach of contract.

0 Ratings