cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark64
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Home Hub 5 Firmware (still on old version)

Hi

A couple of weeks ago I replaced my HH3 and VDSL modem with a HH5 (Type A). It's working fine without any problems, however, it currently the software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.4. The router has been online all the time but has not picked updated to the current version.

Do I need to do anything, or is this because I have replaced the HH3 with a different router, and BT need to update something at their end?

I tried searching these forums and the web for an answer but unable to find anything, so many thanks in advance for any advice. 🐵

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hub 5 Firmware (still on old version)

If it is working, why worry about it. One of the reasons I won't have a BT Hub is their incessant tinkering with the software.

0 Ratings
Superfridgemagnet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have exactly the same issue with my hh5 which I have had for two weeks, still on factory firmware. Problem is I think it needs an update as it keeps disconnecting about 3 times a day. The hh4 I had before was 100% stable and upgraded firmware at least once since I had it. I upgraded to the hh5 for the additional 3 1gb lan connections. Can't work out why it won't upgrade the firmware to 1.6 as listed as the latest version.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

the process is automatic and you will receive your update when it is your turn on the server
0 Ratings
Superfridgemagnet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Has yours updated yet because my hh5 has not so far and I'm not confident that it's simply a case of waiting your turn, my hh4 seamed to update within a day or two of first use and has updated a couple of times since then.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

My HH5 firmware has not updated yet and it is just a matter of patience and keeping router connected 24/7. It will get ipdTed in due course

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Superfridgemagnet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Ok so it's know been about six weeks since I installed my hh5 and it's still on factory firmware 1.4. The hub connection is prity stable and it logs in once a day (TR069) to presumably checking for updates. I have spoken to the Indians and they have been no help at all suggesting that I already have the latest firmware and, that I need to change broadband username etc etc.
Maybe someone could help on this, could it be that BT has stopped releasing 1.6 due to problems and therfore I won't get updated until a newer firmware is released. What is the point of having a firmware update that presumably improves operation if you don't get it.
0 Ratings