Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 23

Home Hub 5 Gone Flakey

Go to solution

Wow and im back the HomeHub 5 BT sent me at the end of May this year was perfect but after it got an update 2 days ago and now the router is rebooting itself / Cycling the connection about every 20 minutes roughly ...

I tryied everything turning off 5ghz wifi disabling all wifi still nothing changed, so to make sure the Homehub is the culprit, I changed to my old hub with openreach modem again.

I put my HH4 back on with the Openreach modem back onto the wall and hey presto solid connection again.

Question is should I ignore the HH5 and HH6 due to there over whelming issues thats been reported and wait for the next router they come out with hoping that its ok or what ??

Also since BT dont have a good working hub 5 or 6 should I consider something like a TP-Link AC1900

***Edited By Mod***

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: Home Hub 5 Gone Flakey

Go to solution

The TP-Link should be fine.  Don't use one myself but quite a few posters do and seem happy with them, as do a couple of friends.

0 Ratings
Sashka
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Feel your pain, my HUB5 A had a software update 2 days ago and has started rebooting itself.  Must have had 30 or more dropouts and reconnections between 7 and 8am this morning.  Hoping it settles down.  Currently been up 3hrs... fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

MESSAGE FOR DAVIDM

Ok got VDSL issue fixed it was a BT Wholesale issue in the end nothing to do with BT Retail or Openreach, but im rambling now to an issue you can help me with.

About 3 days ago HomeHub 5A's got a firmware update which is starting to come back and bite BT, there causing the hubs to reboot themselves about every 20 minutes sometimes sooner.

Now Why BT sent me a HomeHub 5A at the end of May for that line fault I had was weird but covering all avenues I get it, but since im now getting this all the time I have reverted back to my Old HH4 + VDSL Openreach modem and guess what rock solid no disconnects.

So could you please arrange for one of the latest Hubs to be sent to my home for me, why a HH5 1.5 months ago instead of a 6 very weird.

Thanks

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @IceZaroth and @Sashka,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems following the update. We'll need to take a closer look at this so please send over your details using the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for the speedy reply David as per below ...

0 Ratings
Sashka
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

@DavidM  I've sent over my details.  As I've said in the email, it's been steady now for over 9hrs, maybe it's settled.

Thanks for looking into it anyway.

Sashka

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

@IceZaroth wrote:

MESSAGE FOR DAVIDM

Ok got VDSL issue fixed it was a BT Wholesale issue in the end nothing to do with BT Retail or Openreach, but im rambling now to an issue you can help me with.

About 3 days ago HomeHub 5A's got a firmware update which is starting to come back and bite BT, there causing the hubs to reboot themselves about every 20 minutes sometimes sooner.

Now Why BT sent me a HomeHub 5A at the end of May for that line fault I had was weird but covering all avenues I get it, but since im now getting this all the time I have reverted back to my Old HH4 + VDSL Openreach modem and guess what rock solid no disconnects.

So could you please arrange for one of the latest Hubs to be sent to my home for me, why a HH5 1.5 months ago instead of a 6 very weird.

Thanks

You are not the only one to complain of the HH5 rebooting since the firmware update. It would appear to be a firmware issue and BT should roll back to the previous firmware until the issue is found and corrected.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

Have you done a factory reset of the Homehub since it had the software update. If not try one.

0 Ratings
Sashka
Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

@DavidM @IceZaroth

Just a quick update, I've had no more drops out since yesterday morning so over a day steady now.  Hope it's sorted itself.

Sashka

0 Ratings